Dealership keeps screwing me over - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to DieMonkeys
Dealership keeps screwing me over

Seriously, I'm tired of this at this point. First they screwed me over by making me buy the bike after getting into an accident during the test ride (car came over hill in my lane and I swerved and went down in mud), making threats like "the owner has friends downtown that can make life miserable for you" and "he's already talking to lawyers and the police", all so they didn't have to make an insurance claim. Then when I get the bike and start working on it I noticed that they stripped the crap out of the handguard hardware, making it useless until I get a new piece and some new bolts. And now I just found out that I don't have the keyed locks on the saddlebags. They are supposed to come with the locks, right?

--
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.
-- T.H. Huxley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Wow that sounds pretty terrible. Yes the sidecases are supposed to use the key.
DieMonkeys likes this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieMonkeys View Post
Seriously, I'm tired of this at this point. First they screwed me over by making me buy the bike after getting into an accident during the test ride (car came over hill in my lane and I swerved and went down in mud), making threats like "the owner has friends downtown that can make life miserable for you" and "he's already talking to lawyers and the police", all so they didn't have to make an insurance claim. Then when I get the bike and start working on it I noticed that they stripped the crap out of the handguard hardware, making it useless until I get a new piece and some new bolts. And now I just found out that I don't have the keyed locks on the saddlebags. They are supposed to come with the locks, right?

Get in touch with corporate. I don't think they would be too happy with the dealership.....https://www.kawasaki.com/resources/corporate

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I think I'd consult with an attorney. I don't think they can make you buy the bike. And them making threats is just not right at all.
twowheeladdict likes this.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Depending what you signed for the test ride the most they could does make you pay for repairs.
Good luck.

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by james75 View Post
I think I'd consult with an attorney. I don't think they can make you buy the bike. And them making threats is just not right at all.
I did, that's how I learned how terrible Iowa is.

--
-- T.H. Huxley
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I contacted Kawasaki corporate today and told them the story and they said they'd pass on my complaint to the regional manager but since they are an independent dealer there is nothing Kawasaki will do.

I have gone to another dealership about 45 minutes away from me and they said they'd try to fix what they can under warranty but they make no promises. A lot more friendly too and I like that he said "I love it when [other dealership] treats customers like this because I get new customers."
weljo2001 likes this.

--
-- T.H. Huxley
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New mechanic can get the KQR locks that the original dealership has stolen for $50, found that the original dealership already made a warranty claim on the handguards and hardware so I can't get that done but the mechanic said he can probably fix them for little to no cost, and he also found a crack in the radiator ($600 OEM replacement price). I think at this point this guy has really pulled through for me and I will buy the locks off him and see if he can't fix the handguard hardware. I want to take the radiator off and take it to a repair shop and see if they can't repair for way cheaper than replacing would cost.

--
-- T.H. Huxley
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 08:23 PM

Better write the ****tiest reviews ever for that place.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 10:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackImpact View Post
Better write the ****tiest reviews ever for that place.
And maybe, to make your contribution to the forum and avoid other member getting blackmail, name the place !?

LOP
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
And maybe, to make your contribution to the forum and avoid other member getting blackmail, name the place !?

LOP
Oops, sorry, been busy the last week.

Update: Kawasaki Corporate finally budged on their "we don't support the customer, that's the dealer's job and we don't get involved between dealers and their customers" stance to now sending the missing locks and replacement handguard hardware to my new dealer and covering the labor for installation.

My new dealership (Bodensteiner Implement) has been fantastic. My old dealership has been terrible, rude, and even threatening the whole time.
onewizard, turn8a, DaveC and 1 others like this.

--
-- T.H. Huxley

Last edited by DieMonkeys; 10-30-2016 at 09:56 PM.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
...My new dealership (Bodensteiner Implement) has been fantastic. My old dealership (Decorah Kawasaki) has been terrible, rude, and even threatening the whole time.
THANKS for naming names...!

-
onewizard and Lours_Polaire like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The local Kawi dealer's bike sales department kind of sucks (won't "deal" at all), but their shop and parts departments seem to be fine. I bought the Versys used from a Honda/Victory dealer. They were willing to "deal" on the sale and the trade-in. If I ever need to take the bike in for warranty work I will see if the Honda dealer where I bought it can do the warranty work. Just saying.............
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
THANKS for naming names...!

-
I'd be looking under the hood of my car before starting it for a few months.... just sayin'.
Lours_Polaire likes this.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
I'd be looking under the hood of my car before starting it for a few months.... just sayin'.
That's honestly how I feel. I live in a town of a few hundred people and this dealer is located in a "city" of a few thousand. I hate to name names when there's a good chance I'll see the guys out and about in public but the cat is already out of the bag. I know that if this were to happen in cities that I'm used to living in... well it wouldn't have, because those dealerships know that there are another 3 or 4 dealerships just a few minutes away ready to snatch up their customers. These guys get to screw over people because they're the only game in town. It's also nice to know that Kawasaki corporate doesn't give two rat's asses and told me several times that they don't deal with the end customer, they sell to the dealer and the dealer sells to the end customer and Kawasaki will only stand behind manufacturing defects and that's it. I even asked to speak with the regional manager TWICE and have yet to hear from him a few weeks later.

--
-- T.H. Huxley
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 04:09 PM

Hah, that is nuts! I never would have bought the bike, thats what insurance is for, don't be intimidated. Accidents do happen.
quexpress likes this.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:42 PM

I have two questions. 1. Whose name was on the title at the exact time of the accident; who was/is the registered owner? 2. Whose license plate was on the bike at the exact time of the accident; the dealers plate or your plate?

....ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds with the Devil close behind...
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
-Robert M. Pirsig
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcalan View Post
I have two questions. 1. Whose name was on the title at the exact time of the accident; who was/is the registered owner? 2. Whose license plate was on the bike at the exact time of the accident; the dealers plate or your plate?
Not my name on either, but on the advice of my lawyer I had two choices, be out of a large sum of money and have a motorcycle or be out of a potentially larger sum of money and have no motorcycle. Iowa is not a good place to fight against businesses in these situations according to my lawyer.

--
-- T.H. Huxley
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
And now the stealership is threatening me with slander: http://i.imgur.com/pRFgwTG.png

Its not slander if its the truth.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Its not slander if its the truth.
True - but it might co$t you a LOT to prove THAT...!
Lours_Polaire and saddlebag like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode