2010 Headlight Bulb Sizes - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 Headlight Bulb Sizes

My understanding is that 2009 models and below uses a pair of H7 bulbs (one for low beam and one for high beam). Does anyone know for sure that the 2010 model uses the same bulb sizes for both high and low?

Thanks,

Texas

2010 Kawasaki Versys
Givi Shield, Givi PLX V35 Side Cases, Givi V46 Top Case, Powered Tank Bag, Corbin Seat, RAM Mounts, Venhill SS Smoke Brake Lines, HID 5000K/3000K, LED Marker Lights

2012 BMW K1600GTL
Loaded

"There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from." - The endearing Forrest Gump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes the 2010 Versys also uses two H7 55W bulbs... Osram's new motorcycle intended bulbs produces up to 90% more light on the road and an up to 35 metres longer light beam, with standard street legal 55W output.

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/Consu...CER/index.html
http://www.osram.com/osram_com/Consu...CER/index.html

Available for $49.99 per pair:
http://www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com/...osr-nr-h7.html
http://www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com/...osr-xr-h7.html

Last edited by invader; 09-29-2010 at 09:33 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Invader. The Versys Owners Manual is a bit lacking when it comes to the specifics of bulb sizes. This is the extent of their information:

-----------------------
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
Battery 12 V 10 Ah
Headlight:
High Beam 12 V 55 W
Low Beam 12 V 55 W
Tail/Brake Light LED
-----------------------

I suppose the Service Manual probably has this information, but I just haven't broke down to buy one yet.

Thanks again,

Texas

2010 Kawasaki Versys
Givi Shield, Givi PLX V35 Side Cases, Givi V46 Top Case, Powered Tank Bag, Corbin Seat, RAM Mounts, Venhill SS Smoke Brake Lines, HID 5000K/3000K, LED Marker Lights

2012 BMW K1600GTL
Loaded

"There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from." - The endearing Forrest Gump

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I confirmed it from a 2010 Versys parts diagram with part numbers in a Kawasaki parts distributor site...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

HID Soon to be Installed

I just ordered an HID kit for my Versys. I have put HIDs on the past couple of bikes that I have had (including my current Burgman), and it was just about the best money I spent on my bikes.

I am doing something a little different this time though. This time I am going to run 5000K as low beam, and 3000K as high beam. For those of you who don't know, 5000K is the closest to pure white, while 3000 is more yellow. It should also be noted that you actually get more light output the lower you go in the light spectrum.

I don't have HIDs on my car (just lazy I guess). It isn't as important to me as having as much light as possible on my bike (risk factor is much higher). There are always a few on-coming cars that flash you, but we have deer standing in the middle of roads where we live, and I can't tell you the number of times that the extra light has provided me with more reaction time to save both the deer's life, and mine. So in the end, the little bit of annoyance it causes to other drivers is worth it.

As a side note: I notice that many more drivers will jump out in front of me (left turns, etc...) both day and night, when I am driving a bike without HID. I'm not sure for the reason for it, but having been a victim of a T-Bone back in 1998 by a lady in a Cherokee when I was on my Blackbird, I can tell you that it is very much appreciated when they wait the extra few seconds to merge/make left turns after I pass.

Anyway, I just thought that I would provide this information to anyone who has ever had questions about HID. There is also a power savings by using HID, as they draw less power after startup.

Texas

2010 Kawasaki Versys

2012 BMW K1600GTL
Loaded

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 AM

old thread and all but good info ive got a factory hid set up on my other bike id like to stick that in the high beam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode