Lessons from 4 day trip - dirty dozen
1) Always pack rain gear
2) Waterproof boots are a necessity
3) Riding down south is great - left lane is fast lane, right is slow - which is so much better than the chaos that is N Va.
4) Pass trucks going up hill
5) White strips at stop lights are slippery
6) When you're tired pull over - much like the last run when skiing - pull over before you make a mistake
7) Secure rain cover on tank bag very well - they tend to fly off at 70mph - damnit
8) Check all screws/bolts after each run - lost a GPS mount bolt during the ride. I must have adjusted the angle and then not tightened it up - damnit
9) Don't assume the mirrors stay in the same place, adjust each morning. Gremlins moved mine each night.
10) If someone approaches you at a rest stop or other the answers are...in order...
a) Its a kawasaki Versys
b) Yes its fast enough
c) To bad about your cousins cousin who is now a quad thanks to a motorcycle accident
d) Thank you, Blue is the best color
11) Walking into a restaurant with gear and a helmet, you get some really odd looks. Yes I am here to steal your children and rob the place.
12) Harley riders don't wave down south either. Met up with FJR riders who were nice.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Foo Fighter Rider