Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SpyvsSpy
  • 3 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Exhaust options for 2016 650

Hey

I know this has been discussed on other posts but im after an exhaust system for my 16 650. The issue is none of them run cat converters. I want it to stay legal. The maximum penalty for not complying to environmental standard is over $10k.

Is there anyone that makes a one with a cat. The stock exhaust is too quiet for me.

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

260047794343363/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So you wanna sound like a "bad boy" but not risk getting in any trouble? Your exhaust is most likely NOT too quiet for your neighbors.

....ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds with the Devil close behind...
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
-Robert M. Pirsig
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

I just want something that has more presence on the road. Technically i am still not supposed to change due to my license restrictions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

260047794343363/

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 10:38 PM

What compels someone to respond with anti-aftermarket exhaust comments? If someone wants to buy something for their bike and they ask for advice either answer the mans question or leave the pompous comments to yourselves
trialsguy and Bug Dr. like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyvsSpy View Post
What compels someone to respond with anti-aftermarket exhaust comments? If someone wants to buy something for their bike and they ask for advice either answer the mans question or leave the pompous comments to yourselves
I think its been a common remark on ( I think) 3 exhaust threads now..
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I think its been a common remark on ( I think) 3 exhaust threads now..
Yes, and sorry for diverging from the thread topic but folks get trashed on for wanting an exhaust. News flash to the older crowd of motorcycle enthusiasts: not everyone is like you. You aren't their neighbor so that exhaust won't bother you. And if it does tough bits...last I checked we live in a free country so either answer the OPs question or take your opinions and discuss them with your wives over breakfast and see if she gives a whoot because we surely don't...end of rant...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 11:37 AM

Ohhhh, touchy, touchy, I must be hitting a nerve.... Or is it "we like LOUD! NO DIVERGENT OPINIONS ALLOWED". I keep forgetting that you pups have no need or desire to hear anything that differs from your own ideas. I'll stop. So when stonekillerz (stonekillerz, really) is on the side of the road with the local constables where will you guys be? ronheater will be counting my remarks on noisy cans. Spy will be writing "newsflashes" to older riders. Stoney will be watching his almost new license go up in flames. Happy motoring.

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
-Robert M. Pirsig
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcalan View Post
Ohhhh, touchy, touchy, I must be hitting a nerve.... Or is it "we like LOUD! NO DIVERGENT OPINIONS ALLOWED". I keep forgetting that you pups have no need or desire to hear anything that differs from your own ideas. I'll stop. So when stonekillerz (stonekillerz, really) is on the side of the road with the local constables where will you guys be? ronheater will be counting my remarks on noisy cans. Spy will be writing "newsflashes" to older riders. Stoney will be watching his almost new license go up in flames. Happy motoring.
It's the OPs decision if he wants an exhaust...not mine or yours, old man. If you don't like it who gives a what.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 12:36 PM

Did I just hear a squeaking sound?

-Robert M. Pirsig
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcalan View Post
(stonekillerz, really)
Yes really. its my gaming handle.

The reason i want a louder exhaust is to scare the wildlife that i encounter on my commute to work. I have had a few close calls with kangaroos and would rather not.

I have since found that IXIL make 2 exhaust systems with the requirements for pollution. Now just to find someone who sells them here.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions you have been very helpful (INSERT SARCASM HERE)

260047794343363/
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Before you spend your hard earned dollars on a loud but legal exhaust to alert wildlife, you might want to do a little research.

Most of the noise you create will be behind you. For wildlife in your path to be scared off the exhaust will have to be very loud, and the outlet will have to point forward.

The best way to alert wildlife of your presence wold be to mount a pair of loud horns on the front of your bike.

If your Kangaroos are as smart as our deer, they may run toward the noise instead of away from it. Our deer only survive and multiply because we killed off most of their predators.

Good luck.
quexpress, stonekillerz and Kzen like this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 12:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekillerz View Post
Hey

I know this has been discussed on other posts but im after an exhaust system for my 16 650. The issue is none of them run cat converters. I want it to stay legal. The maximum penalty for not complying to environmental standard is over $10k.

Is there anyone that makes a one with a cat. The stock exhaust is too quiet for me.

Cheers
Check MIVV exhausts and also arrow. They both have the KAT option.

Scarichi moto per KAWASAKI VERSYS 650 2015 > ? Mivv

http://www.arrow.it/it/assembled/1386

MadMac34

Kawasaki Versys 650 - 2016
--Italy--
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Doesn't seem to matter what bike you ride..........some like it loud and some like it quiet. I had Vance and Hines Long Shots on my 1500 Vulcan and loved the sound. The Versys will live with the OEM muffler as I like sound of the motor (not the exhaust) at 7500 RPM.

To each there own eh?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Doesn't seem to matter what bike you ride..........some like it loud and some like it quiet. I had Vance and Hines Long Shots on my 1500 Vulcan and loved the sound. The Versys will live with the OEM muffler as I like sound of the motor (not the exhaust) at 7500 RPM.

To each there own eh?
Agree with you that the bike sounds good at higher rpm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode