2009 KLE650 vs KLE650A? in US - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
2009 KLE650 vs KLE650A? in US

OK I realize this is a noob question, but I cannot figure out what the difference is. I see that Telegraph review by Kevin Ash reports an ABS option in England, but not sure what makes the difference in the US. I tried searching the forum. Yes I am hoping for ABS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Buy a '14 or newer if you want ABS in the states. If there are two models showing for the USA, then one is the California model with all the smog stuff, and the other is the 49 state model.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks that makes sense. Couldn't figure out the "A" part and why there were so few of them for sale.

Trying to make up my mind now on how much ABS worth to me
- 2009 for $3200 private sale
- 2012 for $4000 + shipping private sale - but in Black n Gold (OK yellow, but close enough for me!)
- 2014 with ABS for $5800....

The second question is how long am I going to keep it? My intention is in 2 years to move up to connie, fj, st, bmw r, etc so is it worth the gamble/investment...

Hmmmm...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:25 PM

In my mind ABS is always worth the price. You may ride your entire life and never need it, but if you do it is worth five times what you paid.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
w/ your decision...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillersfan View Post
Thanks that makes sense. Couldn't figure out the "A" part and why there were so few of them for sale.

Trying to make up my mind now on how much ABS worth to me

- 2009 for $3200 private sale

- 2012 for $4000 + shipping private sale - but in Black n Gold (OK yellow, but close enough for me!)

- 2014 with ABS for $5800....

The second question is how long am I going to keep it? My intention is in 2 years to move up to connie, fj, st, bmw r, etc so is it worth the gamble/investment...

Hmmmm...

You can get a 2014 ABS for way cheaper than $5800. There's a ton of them advertised for $4500, which means add $500 or so for setup etc etc. $5k should get you a brand new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, I've seen three of the $4500 ones - and they were all sold immediately. Two from NYC area were apparently from a dealer that went out of business. Plus I didn't want to ship from too far away, though that may have been a wrong thought. The dealer I eventually purchased from (Cycle Exchange in Ledgewood, NJ) told me they shipped bikes frequently to Texas! Within 300 miles I could see, but 1,500 miles? Wow. I figured out that I was more interested in riding than in getting the absolute best price as I am signed up for the Basic Rider Course 2 the first Sunday in October, and I wanted to get some miles in before that day. Yeah, that's the ticket. Hilarious rationalization.
Will post with pics tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode