• 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By bcalan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
2009 V - Wheel stands & spools

Recently picked up a 2009 Versys. It's my first bike in 20 years without a center stand. Guess I'm going to need a rear wheel stand and spools.

What is the bolt size that the spools need to be in order to screw in? Where is a good souce for them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 07:59 AM

The bolt size is 10mm with 1.25mm thread pitch. All 10mm spools should be 1.25 pitch. Be careful not to use standard 10mm bolts with 1.5mm pitch as they will damage your threads.

Sent from mTalk
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Forgot to ask, what brand of wheel stand works best with the Versys?

I know about Pitbull but I want to get a cheaper one if possible because at some point, I'm going to get a SW Motech center stand; just not right now.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
Forgot to ask, what brand of wheel stand works best with the Versys?

I know about Pitbull but I want to get a cheaper one if possible because at some point, I'm going to get a SW Motech center stand; just not right now.
The harbor freight stands work pretty good on the 2009 versys. Sometimes you can find someone selling the pit-bull stand on craigslist for around
$50.00-100.00 dollars.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I had the Harbour Freight Stand........Low Profile Rear Motorcycle Spool Stand .Got my spools from Speedy (not the ones in this photo the one on the bike at the time were too large).....https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...nt=16013260227

IMG_1503 by weljo2001, on Flickr
jofatF likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 12:05 PM

I have a Gen2 but I think they're all the same as far as stands. Look:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ck-stands.html
These are working for me.

....ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds with the Devil close behind...
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
-Robert M. Pirsig
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 AM

Welljo, tell me about your seat. Is it lower or higher or the same height as stock? Is the nose wider or more narrow than stock? Will it fit a Gen2?

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
-Robert M. Pirsig
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
bcalan - quite a few of us have had THAT seat (I bought it first from Joe, then sold it to Alaskajeff...). For me it was TOO wide at the front part, and as far as I'm aware - the seats are the same for all three Gens..

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 05:41 PM

Three strikes.....

-Robert M. Pirsig
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcalan View Post
Welljo, tell me about your seat. Is it lower or higher or the same height as stock? Is the nose wider or more narrow than stock? Will it fit a Gen2?

Its a Terry Adcock Flat Seat. I got it because i like to scoot back on the seat to stretch out. Very comfortable seat. Its a little wider than stock and a touch taller. No padding for a passenger though. I sold it when my girl started riding with me. I went through 7 seats on the V-650 and the Flat Seat was tied for 2nd place for comfort.

Heres a Baldwin Tall Seat i had.....

012 by weljo2001, on Flickr
joporker likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-01-2016 at 05:51 PM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 PM

Seven (7) seats! You may have spent more on seats than I have to buy my '11 650. I have short legs so I'll stick with the stock seat for now. I like the windscreen also.
weljo2001 likes this.

-Robert M. Pirsig
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Its a Terry Adcock Flat Seat. I got it because i like to scoot back on the seat to stretch out. Very comfortable seat. Its a little wider than stock and a touch taller. No padding for a passenger though. I sold it when my girl started riding with me. I went through 7 seats on the V-650 and the Flat Seat was tied for 2nd place for comfort.

Heres a Baldwin Tall Seat i had.....
Do you have a link to your chain cover? the plastic is going to break... eventually... on mine.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Do you have a link to your chain cover? the plastic is going to break... eventually... on mine.

They no longer make that chain cover. Its was about $50.00. There are a few out there over 100 bucks though.....https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Alum...-650-2010-2014

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thank you. I'll just draw my own up and print it at the local CNC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode