1. What wind shield do you guys recommend...i'm 1.83m tall (6 feet), will the stock one be enough?
6. What crash bars do you use?
8. Are there any side-cases that fit just like the oem ones? i really don't like the metal rack on the side look and wanted ones that fit right on
Ash, welcome aboard! I have a 2015 V650 so I can't answer all your questions.
1)I have a Madstad brand windshield. It is much better on the highway than the factory standard windshield. I had turbulence on my helmet from the factory windshield, but the Madstad has none. I would suggest trying the factory windshield first to see if it works ok for you. Madstad has a chart on their website which shows which height windshield they suggest for the height of the rider. Mine works fine, so I would suggest you follow their suggestion if you buy one of their windshields.
6) Crash bars for the 650 may not, probably don't fit the V1000. But I suggest you look for bars which protect the lower engine areas. Most of the V650 crash bars are not much more than frame sliders which protect the plastic fairings but not the engine case itself. If you go off pavement at all then I think you really need the lower protection.
Consider replacing the front turn signals with micro sized units. On the V650 the front turn signals hit the ground when the bike tips over, breaking the expensive plastic fairing. I installed R&G Racing LED micro lights, and they do not hit the ground in a fall. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...n-signals.html
8) Factory bags. Love them, hate them. First off, I am not aware of any aftermarket bags which plug right into the factory mount system. If there were, I would probably get those rather than the factory bags.
Good things about factory bags: The mount is very easy, fast, and secure. They are keyed to your ignition key, so you only need one key for everything. They have a good amount of volume.
Bad things about factory bags: The shape is terrible for carrying many objects. The bags are not at all rectangular, so things like a brief case, small suit case, laptop, frozen pizza, etc don't fit. Look carefully at what things you will carry in the bags and be sure they will fit the factory bag shape.