Lights! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Time
  • 1 Post By Time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lights!

Sorry to have been offline so long. between being sick and work I haven't had time or felt much like it.

But

I added driving light to the Verys and they make a big difference. They are the more or less common Cree 10 LED jobs. I got mine from SuperbrightLED.com in the 25deg but there are 10deg one I have seen on E-Bay that I think would be a better choice. These little puppies with light up the road and anything else and at the price are worth it if you ride at night or just want to have a better chance of being seen in the day.

So I have the front end cover in the rear I added the Admorelight kit to my V35 and they work nicely and add a lot more light to the rear on the bike, having more than a single light source helps drive to be able to judge distance I found when reading up on additional motorcycle lighting. They can be wired to run with the tail light, brake light and blinkers, I passed on the binkers but may add them latter.

Next was a brake light modulator. It took me a bit to find one I liked the look of that didn't cost an arm and leg but I did and it's both small and easy to install and low cost I paid $19.95 plus S & H. I got it from xdponline.

http://stores.ebay.com/xdponline/Bra...sub=7383237017

The part is in a epoxy block so is water proof and not a bare board as in the photo.

Three wires have you hooked up, power in, brake out and ground. The other wires are for programming, they have a video on programming and it a good thing as there are a lot of options with it. I set mine up the flash 4 times then go solid with a 3 second delay to reactivate, if I tap the brakes at a light they don't flash unless it's been 3 seconds from when they flashed last. Works so well I ordered another one the the Enfield and may put one on the center brake light of my Civic.

Anyway my bike's starting to look like a billboard but if it keeps me alive I don't mind.
onewizard and Kzen like this.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 08-22-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
That looks really cool. I'd love to see a video of it working. I have a GS-100A flasher that I bought for about $2.50 on Ebay, but I haven't installed it yet.

Here's a video of the GS-100A

No Video
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Sorry to have been offline so long. between being sick and work I haven't had time or felt much like it.

But

I added driving light to the Verys and they make a big difference. They are the more or less common Cree 10 LED jobs. I got mine from SuperbrightLED.com in the 25deg but there are 10deg one I have seen on E-Bay that I think would be a better choice. These little puppies with light up the road and anything else and at the price are worth it if you ride at night or just want to have a better chance of being seen in the day.

So I have the front end cover in the rear I added the Admorelight kit to my V35 and they work nicely and add a lot more light to the rear on the bike, having more than a single light source helps drive to be able to judge distance I found when reading up on additional motorcycle lighting. They can be wired to run with the tail light, brake light and blinkers, I passed on the binkers but may add them latter.

Next was a brake light modulator. It took me a bit to find one I liked the look of that didn't cost an arm and leg but I did and it's both small and easy to install and low cost I paid $19.95 plus S & H. I got it from xdponline.

http://stores.ebay.com/xdponline/Bra...sub=7383237017

The part is in a epoxy block so is water proof and not a bare board as in the photo.

Three wires have you hooked up, power in, brake out and ground. The other wires are for programming, they have a video on programming and it a good thing as there are a lot of options with it. I set mine up the flash 4 times then go solid with a 3 second delay to reactivate, if I tap the brakes at a light they don't flash unless it's been 3 seconds from when they flashed last. Works so well I ordered another one the the Enfield and may put one on the center brake light of my Civic.

Anyway my bike's starting to look like a billboard but if it keeps me alive I don't mind.
Did you order it bike specific ?

2016 Orange Versys 650 LT , 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear Up

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

No as a matter of fact I ordered one for a Honda car. However they all seem to be the same and how is it to know it is a Versys and not a Civic? Works just fine.
Kzen likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 06:25 AM

Thanks

2016 Orange Versys 650 LT , 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear Up
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Good to see your voice Time. Hope you're doing better. I got in a bunch of local riding this summer, but no trips so far. Did you make it down to Mid Ohio in July? I did not this year.

Take care of all my Toledo friends, and get some breeze on your knees!

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

A little follow up. Right after I posted the modulator died on me. I tried everything but dead it is. So at this time I'd have to give it 2 thumbs down.

I ordered the GS-100A that Zirconx posted about...well I ordered three of them as that price and free shipping I might as well but one for each bike. Iy'll be a bit before they get here but I'll post back when I get it installed.

Now back to the nasty job of hand polishing the cases on my Royal Enfield Bullet I'm restoring, hay! It's a cheap toy that's starting to really suck on the old wallet...seems they all do though.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode