Back on a Versys 650... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mminob
  • 1 Post By jnor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Back on a Versys 650...

I traded in my NC700X that was great for 12000 miles , on a 2013 Versys 650 with 5000 miles...

My old 2009 Versys was a fun bike that had 20000 miles when I sold it a few years ago..

So I knew what I needed to get on the 2013...

Motowerk footpeg lowering blocks

Zero Gravity sport touring windshield

Foam Grips

16 tooth countershaft sprocket

next up a seat concepts seat kit

These bikes are brilliant here in the urban jungle of so-cal

It's good to be back on the Versys again..sweet little bikes ...cheers

Kzen likes this.

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 07:10 AM

Welcome back ! I've done the same thing and went back to a Versys (my favorite bike).....also, great color !!
Kzen likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 07:52 AM

Great to here this since the NC700X was my other option. But I believe I will be happier with the Versys 650.

2016 Orange Versys 650 LT , 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear Up

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I also used to have an NC700x. It was totaled in an accident and I've replaced it with a 2015 Versys 650 LT. I've only put 140 miles on my Versys so can't really compare yet.

What helmet are you using there? I've been thinking about an "adventure" style helmet for commuting. I don't know if I'd be able to travel in it though.

Also which tailbag are you using, that looks nice.

Last edited by zirconx; 08-15-2016 at 09:47 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Back...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Back...
Speaking of Wecome Back", Joe, how do you like the litre V compared to the FJR? I've been off the grid for the last month, so if you have done a comparison already, just give me the topic line and I'll search it out. I've still been watching you video posts whenever I can. See ya.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
Speaking of Wecome Back", Joe, how do you like the litre V compared to the FJR? I've been off the grid for the last month, so if you have done a comparison already, just give me the topic line and I'll search it out. I've still been watching you video posts whenever I can. See ya.
Haven't done a full comparison yet but will when i hit a 1000 miles on her I'm at about 800 now. So far i really like it. Just ran an errand and it slices through freeway traffic like butter..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconx View Post
I also used to have an NC700x. It was totaled in an accident and I've replaced it with a 2015 Versys 650 LT. I've only put 140 miles on my Versys so can't really compare yet.

What helmet are you using there? I've been thinking about an "adventure" style helmet for commuting. I don't know if I'd be able to travel in it though.

Also which tailbag are you using, that looks nice.
The tailbag is an old AXIO I have had for years...they don't hold much , however fits on the seat ok...

The Adventure style helmets work well when the sun is low and help with glare but they seem to be quite a bit less aerodynamic at speed so not as nice as a regular full face..

Thanks to this great forum and community ...you all are nice to have around to chat with and share some ideas ...

Thanks for the welcome back...and ride safe guys and gals..

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 05:49 PM

Garage
mminob: welcome back to Versys-land, that's a fine looking example you have there!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 10:04 PM
MLJ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mminob View Post
I traded in my NC700X that was great for 12000 miles , on a 2013 Versys 650 with 5000 miles...

My old 2009 Versys was a fun bike that had 20000 miles when I sold it a few years ago..

So I knew what I needed to get on the 2013...

Motowerk footpeg lowering blocks

Zero Gravity sport touring windshield

Foam Grips

16 tooth countershaft sprocket

next up a seat concepts seat kit

These bikes are brilliant here in the urban jungle of so-cal

It's good to be back on the Versys again..sweet little bikes ...cheers

Hi, just curious why you would change the sprocket. I tried a 16 tooth on my '15 Vulcan S 650 (same basic motor) before I traded it in on my Versys. I still have it, and thought I might try it. I didn't see much change, maybe a few hundred lower RPM at freeway speed is all and the fuel info display got sort of messed up, so I put it back to the stocker's 15. I felt 1st gear was sort of short on the Vulcan, and maybe feel that on the Versys too. Thanks.

MLJ - 2015 Versys 650 LT
There are more important things than things.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJ View Post
Hi, just curious why you would change the sprocket. I tried a 16 tooth on my '15 Vulcan S 650 (same basic motor) before I traded it in on my Versys. I still have it, and thought I might try it. I didn't see much change, maybe a few hundred lower RPM at freeway speed is all and the fuel info display got sort of messed up, so I put it back to the stocker's 15. I felt 1st gear was sort of short on the Vulcan, and maybe feel that on the Versys too. Thanks.
Yeah around town the 16 tooth sprocket helps a little by not having to shift as much when going up and down the gears...first gear too low..

On the freeways around here the speeds are often above 75 mph and the 16 tooth helps a little by lowering the revs a few hundred...yes, going with the flow of traffic , or a little faster, is safer , sometimes..

I would say the 650 motor loves to rev but I like to keep the revs never more then 6000 rpm...ymmv

Don't forget the speedometer is off a little now...ride safe brother..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode