factory warranty? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
factory warranty?

picking up my versys tomorrow. i can't freaking wait.

i bought it from a non kawi licensed dealer. even though it's new and never titled they tell me they can't sell it with the kawi warranty..

i would think the manufacturer's warranty would be in effect regardless of where i buy it. i know it's an 09, but it's never been titled and i'll be the first owner. i have a hard time believing kawi won't warranty their product.

any suggestions on how to proceed with it? should i try a local dealer or should i go straight to kawi corporate?

before you ask, saving $1200 over the new 09 at the local kawi dealer is worth it IMO. i've never had a warranty call that would've cost more than 20% of a vehicle's total dollar value.. chances are slim i'll even need it.

thanks

"What doesn't kill me postpones the inevitable"
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You can only buy a "new" vehicle from an authorized dealer. If the dealer is not it could mean the bike has been sitting on the floor for 12 months after he purchase it and the warranty is gone. He could also picked up the bike from an authorized dealer or bought at auction from someone going out of business. Anyway you are probably buying a "resale" vehicle and it is been sold to you "as is". I do not know the price you got or if you already put some money down. If you have not put any money I would check the local listings to see if there something low mileage out there for less. Also you might want to talk the dealer into getting you an extended warranty from Kawasaki. If he got the bike from an authorized dealer he might be able to get you hooked up for one.

A new 09 here in CO from a Kawi dealer with full warranty goes for about $5,500 plus all the junk fees. There's a guy in craigslist denver offloading a blue with 150 miles for $4,800. I think that's a killer deal. I got my red (08) with 1,100 miles with low gel seat, oem panniers, and a vario windshield for $5,600 a year and a half ago from a dealer. I think I got a fair deal. The extended warranty I bought was money wasted. These things are very reliable and don't break.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indulf View Post
picking up my versys tomorrow. i can't freaking wait.

i bought it from a non kawi licensed dealer. even though it's new and never titled they tell me they can't sell it with the kawi warranty.
thanks
That means no warranty. Better to sort matters out. Though this bikes are very reliable , you might be the unlucky guys with some minor faults which has happen to some of us here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode