Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to joseph69
Shipping Bike

Hey guys,
I am trying to seal the deal on a bike from a guy in Rhode Island and I have been quoted from a few companies for door to door service at 1000 dollars!

I have found a site AA Motorcycle and uShip through google search.However, if anyone knows of a company that can give me a better deal, I would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
Hey guys,
I am trying to seal the deal on a bike from a guy in Rhode Island and I have been quoted from a few companies for door to door service at 1000 dollars!

I have found a site AA Motorcycle and uShip through google search.However, if anyone knows of a company that can give me a better deal, I would really appreciate it.

Check with SAIA, Overnite and some other big shippers in your area. As long as the bike is palletized no big deal. See if a company in your area has a dock you can have it shipped to to save you on the price to your home is always more expensive. SAIA has a big center in Grand Prairie so you might be able to pick it up at their dock also.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Fly and ride some of the best roads this country has to offer.
unstable_rider likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I agree-- I would be on a plane with some gear and be gone.

Bring a toothbrush!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 06:46 PM

Ride from NJ all the way to Arkansas will be a blast, why wouldn't you want to ride that!?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 09:14 AM

I'd ride that...I looked into shipping my bike from Portland to Boston area this summer, then ride it home.
Got quotes from the shippers you listed at around $780 +/-.

Even had a forum member offer to let me ship it to his business and store it in a heated warehouse. Since decided to ride around the west this summer.

Off to Coeur d'Alene and beyond this weekend.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 10:54 AM

What bike did you buy? Is this costing extra for insurance or something? I got quoted ~$650.00 one way NJ to Denver. Forget who but they weren't hard to find on google.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to joseph69
Thank guys ! You guys are awesome !!

I have used AA Motorcycle for this bike 2005 ZG 1000 , Sport Touring Motorcycle just what I was looking for. I have to say I am very happy with their service because I received this bike without any scratch. They loaded bike onto a specially designed pallet and strapped securely with soft tie-downs to the pallet. I think that makes a big difference for the bike.

Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kawasakiZG.jpg (46.3 KB, 27 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode