• 1 Post By Smiley
  • 2 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
A Big Thank You To Onewizard

I don't like digging into anything on a bike thats electrical. Running something to the battery is normally as far as i will go. A big reason i got the Versys was to be able to work on most of it on my own. Mounted the Admore Light Bar a week or so ago and also routed the wiring for it and the Admore Top Case Lights. Was going to take to a shop for them to connect the wiring but thought i'd give it a try. Looked at the electrical diagram for the bike but was confused. Dropped a PM to forum member onewizard since i always see him solve electrical problems for the color of the wires for the tail light,brake light, left & right turn signal and the ground. He got right back to me with the answer so this morning i went out to the bike and got started.

Posi-taped the bikes to a Admore Harness for the FJR i just cut the white connectors off. Wanted to use it because its has a "bridge" i guess you could call it. The bikes wires and the wires for what ever your hooking to it join there. This way i could wire my gps to the tail light wire and ground at the Bridge or connector what ever you call it.

Got everything wired up and checked to see it it worked. The only problem was the top case lights didn't come on so i took everything apart at the bridge and re-did it to make sure all the wires were connected. Still everything worked but the topcase lights so i knew the problem.

The pin connector that hooks to the connection under the top case must have broke a pin. It happened once before they become brittle over time. Last time Admore had me send it back to them and they re-furbished it. I'm not going to mess with it this time not important to me about the top case lights.

Disconnected the top case wiring and put in the garage re-hooked everything else . The bikes lights light bar and gps worked perfect.

The GPS isn't in the way even though it looks like it in the photo

Electrical by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 08-06-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
looks clean, i use to use those connector bars on boats all the time only thing id recommend is spraying them with liquid tape to keep the green death out
Lours_Polaire likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
looks clean, i use to use those connector bars on boats all the time only thing id recommend is spraying them with liquid tape to keep the green death out

Thanks, Will Do...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 11:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thanks, Will Do...
or even better yet if you can find it in the little can with a brush

yes im a guy.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 07:16 AM

Garage
I use di-electric grease on every electrical connection and have never had a problem with corrosion.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
or even better yet if you can find it in the little can with a brush
Amazon has lots of it

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 12:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Amazon has lots of it
harbor freight has it sometimes

yes im a guy.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
harbor freight has it sometimes

Cool theres one close by. I'll check it out.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
July when i installed everything it was the first time i had to tap or cut into wires on a bike so i was a little nervous about it. So when the top case lights didn't come on i tried them by themselves and still nothing so i gave up quick and just said oh well no top case lights then. It made me go double check the connectors today. Couldn't see anything wrong so after the tiny rain we had today i got the Admore Wiring that connects to the bikes wiring and hooked it up to the harness with my admore light bar wiring and gps wires. Made sure all the connections were clean and snug. Fired up the bike and Bingo... Top Case Lights, Light Bar & GPS were working. Nice to have the top case lights working again. Have been using this top case with the light kit since 2010 now on its 3rd bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode