Finally after a long wait to get back to riding, Got my Versys! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Amr
  • 1 Post By Jjrolf104
  • 1 Post By ArmyGreens
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By mentolio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Amr

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Finally after a long wait to get back to riding, Got my Versys!

After a long break from riding (almost 10 years) I finally got a brand new 2014 Versys ABS for a sweet deal and couldn't be happier

It's an awesome piece of machinery and a very good upgrade from my old Yamaha TTR 250 and Honda CBR 400.

I am in love!

Any riders around NYC that wanna ride upstate and explore around?

Cheers,

Amr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0048.jpg (112.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0052.jpg (91.9 KB, 77 views)
zzzoren likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks great! I prefer the 2nd gen headlight and body styling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Garage
Welcome back to riding and to the Versys Forum.

There is a lot of knowledge here and they others can help with any questions.

Enjoy the V

Alan

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Welcome back!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Amr

Thanks a lot everyone.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the looks of this generation model rather than the newer ones, I feel the newer ones front end looks a bit out of place hahaha!!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amr View Post
Thanks a lot everyone.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the looks of this generation model rather than the newer ones, I feel the newer ones front end looks a bit out of place hahaha!!!

Me me me!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Amr likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 06:27 PM

Garage
Welcome to the Universys! All things Versys and beyond......

My new escape, 16' Gen3 Versys 650ABS
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Garage
Welcome back to riding, Amr! I also am a recent return after 7 years away from bikes. I think the Versys is the ultimate "gateway bike."
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Amr

I know! Right?!

After moving to the city and selling my Jeep, I needed something to zip outta the city and the Versys is perfect for that!

I am travelling abroad for a couple of weeks and when I get back, I'll grab it and ride upstate to the mountains and have some fun with twisties
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Amr

Thanks mate!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:06 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome from Ottawa, ON, only 1/2 ride from Ogdensburg, NY border crossing and ride a few times a year upstate. Adirondacks is one of my favorite places to ride.

Got the same version 2 bike.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 12:26 PM

Garage
Welcome back!

I too took a break once getting married.. Just under 7 years. When we received orders to move to California, I decided to get a motorcycle primarily for my commuting. I use to ride sport bikes, than got the same exact bike as you. Wife makes fun of me a little because I ride Kermit the Frog, but I love the bike! I believe the color is one reason I got a steal of a deal on it -- apparently no one wanted that color! It's an extremely comfortable bike, though I do miss some of the power that I was previously use to. This will do for quite a few years, and if I stick to the Versys, a 1000 will be my next consideration. Enjoy the ride!

ArmyGreens

14 Kawasaki Versys
07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
05 ZX6R (Sold)
01 ZX6R (Rest In Pieces)

“Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.”
- George S. Patton Jr
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Amr

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Welcome from Ottawa, ON, only 1/2 ride from Ogdensburg, NY border crossing and ride a few times a year upstate. Adirondacks is one of my favorite places to ride.

Got the same version 2 bike.
Maybe we could meet up there and ride together haha! I need to get to know adventure tourers and expand my social circle.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Amr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGreens View Post
Welcome back!

I too took a break once getting married.. Just under 7 years. When we received orders to move to California, I decided to get a motorcycle primarily for my commuting. I use to ride sport bikes, than got the same exact bike as you. Wife makes fun of me a little because I ride Kermit the Frog, but I love the bike! I believe the color is one reason I got a steal of a deal on it -- apparently no one wanted that color! It's an extremely comfortable bike, though I do miss some of the power that I was previously use to. This will do for quite a few years, and if I stick to the Versys, a 1000 will be my next consideration. Enjoy the ride!
First of, thank you for your service.

Secondly, non-sense, Green is THE color when riding a Kawasaki, haha! I love that color, besides, if you get bored just plastidip the fairing the color you want (you don't even have to change your registration since it's not permanent)

And yeah, the ride is very comfortable!

Question though, does this model and year experience a lot of vibrations in the handlebar around 5K-6K RPM? or is it just me? (I am still breaking the bike in and only spiked that high once or twice!

Feedback is greatly appriected sir.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 12:59 PM

Garage
This bike does have a little more vibration than what I'm use to. I do recall there being a bit more vibration in that range when I was braking it in. My other issue is that I'm 6'2" (6'3" on a good day), and the wind goes straight to my helmet (not a bike issue!). We have crazy wind here in Northern California, and I feel like a bobble head half the time. Really debating on upgrading to a touring windscreen.

And I agree with you, Kawasaki Green is the only way to go!
Amr likes this.

ArmyGreens

14 Kawasaki Versys
07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
05 ZX6R (Sold)
01 ZX6R (Rest In Pieces)

“Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.”
- George S. Patton Jr
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGreens View Post
...Wife makes fun of me a little because I ride Kermit the Frog, but I love the bike! I believe the color is one reason I got a steal of a deal on it -- apparently no one wanted that color!...
I passed on a good deal on a black '15 650, BECAUSE I wanted the green one! I get compliments on the bike, because of its color, ALL the time.

- -
Amr likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Garage
You can get any color you want, as long as it's green...

When I told my wife I was getting a green one, she just made a face and asked "why?" Then she saw it in person, and said "oh...that's nice!"
Amr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode