Anti-puncture fluid - Has anyone used it? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By saddlebag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anti-puncture fluid - Has anyone used it?

Today when I went to Kawasaki showroom for some service issues, they showed a demo of Seelin TL which is a fluid pumped inside the tube. It seems if you have any puncture, I'll block the hole and you even need not repair it!

They bought one vehicle and punctured it with a nail. After a while, they removed the nail and rotated the wheel. They said the fluid had blocked the hole and there was no need of any puncture repair.

Has anybody used it? Any side-effects?

I love the angel city - Bangkok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Sealin-TL is not for tube type tires... It's pumped in your tubeless tires.

www.seelin.in/products.php

Seelin - Anti-puncture fluid - Has anyone used it?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i use to use SLIME in all my ATV and mountain bike tires it would self seal a small puncture from a screw or nail or goathead(large thorned weeds that grew where i grew up, the killer of all bike tires)it could even seal a tube (most of the time), it wouldnt save you for any kind of large gash(like when you ride over a downed barbwire fence) or side wall puncture, but never used it in any street bikes, always just had an old school plug kit on me

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoubuyou View Post
Today when I went to Kawasaki showroom for some service issues, they showed a demo of Seelin TL which is a fluid pumped inside the tube. It seems if you have any puncture, I'll block the hole and you even need not repair it!

They bought one vehicle and punctured it with a nail. After a while, they removed the nail and rotated the wheel. They said the fluid had blocked the hole and there was no need of any puncture repair.

Has anybody used it? Any side-effects?
I'm not familiar with Seelin, but I do use a product called Ride-On, and I'd highly recommend it. It ain't cheap, but in addition to the puncture insurance, it does a wonderful job of balancing the tires sans fixed weights.
Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On
BEACHBUM and MrSchaeferPants like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 07:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I'm not familiar with Seelin, but I do use a product called Ride-On, and I'd highly recommend it. It ain't cheap, but in addition to the puncture insurance, it does a wonderful job of balancing the tires sans fixed weights.
Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On
This is the stuff you want. It comes in bigger quantities too, you can do every vehicle you have.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I have used ride-on, but I would rather use TPMS to warn me of a leak.

With Ride-on, you have to inspect your tires constantly to see if you picked up some debris before it causes additional dammage, but at least you can do that in the safety of your hotel parking lot instead of applying a plug in the middle of nowhere.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
i use to use SLIME in all my ATV and mountain bike tires it would self seal a small puncture from a screw or nail or goathead(large thorned weeds that grew where i grew up, the killer of all bike tires)it could even seal a tube (most of the time), it wouldn't save you for any kind of large gash(like when you ride over a downed barbwire fence) or side wall puncture, but never used it in any street bikes, always just had an old school plug kit on me
Ditto to this. Used slime on the dirtbikes, but on the street bikes I just carry a plug kit and a small bicycle pump that would probably take forever and a day to pump the tire up with :-)

I ride "Fat Bike" mountain bikes. The tires are as wide or wider than the V. I setup one tubeless a few months ago using something called "Stan's No Tube Tire Sealant". It's a silicone based sealant that works incredibly well on the bicycle tires.

One side-effect on the bike is, it does dry up eventually. So you have to add more every so often, and there's a little mess to deal with inside the rim. If the one the MC place is using is silicone based it may do the same thing. I would think if you added enough of it theoretically could effect wheel balancing too.

'09 Versys
'01 ZR7S
'79 Yamaha XS650
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Sealin-TL is not for tube type tires... It's pumped in your tubeless tires.

http://www.seelin.in/products.php
Thank you, That's the point!

I love the angel city - Bangkok

Last edited by zhoubuyou; 07-19-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode