~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit

1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What's up with Erik? The video you posted is not working. I have a vested interest in following his career path.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:45 PM

I had a feeling Erik Buell would be back. He is still building and selling race spec. bikes. Cant see the video but can go the his site and maybe see whats up?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:23 PM

He bought 200 of his engines from H-D and will start selling bikes built around them as soon as his contract with H-D expires.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

If you cant see the vid just go on youtube and search for "EBR 1190RS Teaser"

He is releasing a street version of one of the racing modles he sells, the 1190R.

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Slip-On V.A.L.E. Exhaust
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Motowerk Lowering kit w/Flatfoot
SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards w/Hwy Pegs
SW-MOTECH mirror wideners
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit

1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
He bought 200 of his engines from H-D and will start selling bikes built around them as soon as his contract with H-D expires.
Word is the contract is up and he needs funding and investors to go balls out. I have already made a donation to his racing team. Anything I can do to get the brand back on the map.

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit

1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM

Good for you Creeper! I wish him great success. He is a visionary and had some unique designs around the V-Twin and Rotax motors.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:50 PM

I think a lot of us wish him great success. It would be great if he and Mike Czysz could collaborate on something (although Czysz wouldn't need him.) I would dearly love to see a beautiful american bike come to market. Something that isn't a tired-ass overrated piss of **** harley. The problem with the buell is they are uglier than a Baboon's ass. The Ulysses is a hideous bike.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Its time we get this country back on the map in many ways and this would be great comeback story.

America needs to have its own sportbike back in the ring, give asia a run for its money..

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit

1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecreeper77 View Post
Its time we get this country back on the map in many ways and this would be great comeback story.

America needs to have its own sportbike back in the ring, give asia a run for its money..
I couldn't agree with you more.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:

+1, However, unless the economy is allowed to grow, it likely won't happen any time soon. Would YOU invest money in anything right now? Me neither.

V-Zee

"I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my Motor-sickle"
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
+1, However, unless the economy is allowed to grow, it likely won't happen any time soon. Would YOU invest money in anything right now? Me neither.

V-Zee
If I had the money to invest, yes I would invest in certain things. Someone has got to start somewhere.

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit

1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:12 PM

I tried to buy a Buell. Trouble is, he's got to build a street bike that fits normal sized people. That Rotax is a hoot and a half to ride. I demo'd the cafe bike. What a blast, ear to ear grin but the whole time I knew I wouldn't buy it. Too small.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 03:07 PM

The trouble with Erik and Czysz both is that they try to go to far to fast with inadequate funding. They both have far out ideas that need to be explored but in order to make money you first have to build something that you know will both work and sell. I think they both just build for themselves. It is the same when we farkle our bikes, that personalizes them exactly the way we want but when we go to sell we find it isn't many others peoples cup of tea so we either remove everything and sell them separately or take a big loss. Firstly, designing, creating, and selling a new sport bike is probably the hardest motorcycle to do, the big factories have too large a head start, I was amazed that even BMW was able to do it straight out of the box.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
If I had the money to invest, yes I would invest in certain things. Someone has got to start somewhere.
However, pissing investment money down a hole is not prudent.

Business starts WILL occur, but only when the tax climate becomes predictable and reasonable for small businessmen and women to have an even chance to prosper and develop jobs. The political climate in America MUST change for this to happen.

At some point in time, maybe a "modern" American motorcycle will come to market. I certainly hope it happens in my lifetime, but I'm not holding my breath. In my opinion, too large a number of American motorcyclists are pure "romantics" living in a different social universe and could care less about sophisticated, well engineered, fast, motorcycles of any type.

V-Zee

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
At some point in time, maybe a "modern" American motorcycle will come to market. I certainly hope it happens in my lifetime, but I'm not holding my breath. In my opinion, too large a number of American motorcyclists are pure "romantics" living in a different social universe and could care less about sophisticated, well engineered, fast, motorcycles of any type.

V-Zee
...aint that the truth, god knows how many HD riders demonstrate that every year (sorry time) they get the bike out and ride it.

the US has a sports bike marketplace, so providing someone has the interest and the cash behind them it can be doen. look at the resurrection of Triumph and Norton. of the two Triumph have been at it for longer and seemingly are doing well. whether they are making money, or even enough money to justify the original investment is a different thing.

Norton are going about the smae process in a different manner. personally I'd be much more worried about Norton as to whether they will last the distance, they are goiong for the high end niche player market, attempting to produce a bike that is evocative of the previous marque's design.. similar to Triumph have done with their retro classics. but the killer in my books is they don't have a dealer network. In the UK you can only buy from the factory, you can only get it serviced from the factory. OK the factory is placed in central England so its not a pain to get to unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland. its understandable when you consider they are expecting to make is it 600 of the original 3 designs. no doubt theres more to come but right now its a brave move.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
I think a lot of us wish him great success. It would be great if he and Mike Czysz could collaborate on something (although Czysz wouldn't need him.) I would dearly love to see a beautiful american bike come to market. Something that isn't a tired-ass overrated piss of **** harley. The problem with the buell is they are uglier than a Baboon's ass. The Ulysses is a hideous bike.
I met Czysz last week. He was the lead instructor at the Skip Barber Superbike School that I attended. Very cool guy with a true passion for motorcycles. But is really into how to ride better, faster and safer. Really looks at the physics of riding fast. He can really ride!!!

The class was at Laguna Seca and he was tearing it up, as were the other instructors. They finally got me hanging off the seat. Just need to practice more.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:57 AM

Fischer Motorcycles USA

Here's a nice american made sport bike for only Eight Grand.
Hyosung of South Korea is supplying the engine.
Olins....brembo...USD fork...etc.
Mikuni carbs....fuel injection in the pipe line.

I'd buy one!
http://www.fischer1.com/Fischer_Motorcycle.htm

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fischer 2.jpg (308.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg fischer motorcycles.jpg (217.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg fischer 3.jpg (23.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg fischer 4.jpg (41.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Fischer One 006.jpg (66.1 KB, 48 views)

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

Last edited by stagehand38; 09-19-2010 at 11:18 AM.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:19 AM

hummmm, the site says for price contact your local dealer. If you click on dealers all you get is a page with an application to become a dealer. If you click on "Parts" all you get is page with a rotating bike. Seems they have a LONG rode ahead of them.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healdem View Post
...aint that the truth, god knows how many HD riders demonstrate that every year (sorry time) they get the bike out and ride it.

the US has a sports bike marketplace, so providing someone has the interest and the cash behind them it can be doen. look at the resurrection of Triumph and Norton. of the two Triumph have been at it for longer and seemingly are doing well. whether they are making money, or even enough money to justify the original investment is a different thing.

Norton are going about the smae process in a different manner. personally I'd be much more worried about Norton as to whether they will last the distance, they are goiong for the high end niche player market, attempting to produce a bike that is evocative of the previous marque's design.. similar to Triumph have done with their retro classics. but the killer in my books is they don't have a dealer network. In the UK you can only buy from the factory, you can only get it serviced from the factory. OK the factory is placed in central England so its not a pain to get to unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland. its understandable when you consider they are expecting to make is it 600 of the original 3 designs. no doubt theres more to come but right now its a brave move.
+1

I'm pretty sure most people don't understand the amount of capital required to produce even one motorcycle and bring it to market. It's stunning. America DOES have a growing sportbike market, but it's still young. It needs to mature. As much as I would like Fischer to succeed, it seems to have much of the same issues as Norton. I'd guess they're undercapitalized. Best luck to them, as well.

Both Triumph and Norton faced many of the same issues, maybe more. However, they had an established recognizable name to market upon. The products changed, but the name is the same. Triumph has seemed to make it over the top, but Norton has had fits and starts. Hopefully, being based once again in UK will give them the ability for success. I think your point about Norton targeting the high end market is valid. Even MB and BMW build lower end cars. GM builds many cars other than Corvettes. It's a fact that entry vehicles supply the money needed to support the high end vehicles. One hand helps the other. Norton has my best wishes.

Just to be clear, I'm not hammering the cruiser riders. They definitely have their sport and social group. I respect it for what it is. I'll never be a part of it, and that's just the way it will be. I just feel that segment is so large that any new company or investor coming into the motorcycle market is justifiably intimidated with the task of developing enough interest in a new American sportbike product and making a profit.

V-Zee

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode