Waynesville, NC Cycle Center Shamless Plug - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Waynesville, NC Cycle Center Shamless Plug

Over the past weekend, 3 of us took trip and rode 1300 miles from Friday to Monday. We had a Triumph Tiger, a Honda VTX1300 and the Versys. We started out in Cincinnati, rode the Devil's Triangle, then to the Cherohala Skyway, to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle camp. On Sunday we headed north on the Blue Ridge Pkwy to Boone NC and onto the Snake. On the way back from the Snake, we notice the back tire on the VTX was showing CORDS!

On Monday Morning I called several Honda Dealers in Asheville, NC and Knoxville TN areas. Even though they are in the biggest motorcycle riding area in the Eastern US, ALL ARE CLOSED ON MONDAY!

So we called the Waynesville Cycle Center. They sell HONDA, KAWASAKI and SUZUKI. Since they are the only place opened on a Monday, they got our business. They had the tire in stock,We checked the bike in at 10:15 am and rode away at 11:15 am with a new back tire. The charge was $240 total for tire, labor and balancing. The whole team was friendly and professional. We put 350 miles on that tire the first day on twisties and interstates. NO ISSUES!

So if you are in the tail of the dragon area and are in need of on-the-road service - take it to them.
http://www.waynesvillecycle.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:04 PM

Sounds like a good experience all around. Once you start seeing chords the rest come out real fast.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Always good to hear stories like this!! All too often, they're of the opposite experience.

Thanks for letting everyone know!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 PM

Good to hear a good experience.
In Bristol, VA, ATlas honda is open on Monday and closed on wed. Same for the store in Johnson City and Kingsport.

Murrmoto
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrmoto View Post
Good to hear a good experience.
In Bristol, VA, ATlas honda is open on Monday and closed on wed. Same for the store in Johnson City and Kingsport.

Murrmoto
It makes good business sense in a high motorycle tourist area to be open on Monday to catch the emergency work like we had. ANother rider was in for a tire replacement from out of town as well as a guy who's bike was not idling. We were all stranded tourists in need of help and they got our business.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 03:02 PM

fun ride

Guys,

I just want you guys to know that I love my little V. I have several bikes and I had not ridden the v in awhile. I put a couple of hundred on the V yesterday and it really made me realize what I have missed. Course having the suspension done right and a full arrow with a PC really helps things along. For the money, by far the best bike I own. I put it up there with the Aprilia Tuono. Except the V is a sleeper and I love sleeper bikes.

Ride hard, ride safe and always wave to kids,

Murrmoto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode