Oh come on, people, there are LOTS of reasons not to buy a Versys. Here are the top ten reasons, off the top of my head.
1) You have several hundred thousand dollars in the bank, no idea what to do with it, and you have deep-seated feelings of inadequacy and anxiety because your father ran off with his secretary and abandoned your family when you were a child, and you somehow feel you were to blame. You feel an overwhelming compulsion to buy the Motorcycle of The Year winner to bask in the weak reflected glow of glory.
2) The Versys' fairing buzzes and you're too lazy to fix it.
3) You have poor choice in friends and your friends all ride Harleys and will make disparaging comments about you and refuse to let you ride with them if you buy a Versys.
4) You have poor choice in friends and your friends all ride Ducatis and will be embarrassed to be seen with you if your bike doesn't cost five figures.
5) You do more track days than commutes to work.
6) If you aren't riding a $35,000 custom you won't be allowed to park right by the front door of the chicken wing joint on Bike Night, and you really, really want to park by the front door and bask in the weak reflected glow of glory.
7) You only have $2,000 to spend on a motorcycle.
8) Your grandfather worked in Kawasaki's ship-building division, was killed in a horrible industrial accident and was screwed out of his pension and survivor benefits by an unscrupulous supervisor, so your family has sworn to be personal enemies of Kawasaki for six generations.
9) Versys is kind of a stupid name and because of your Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, that really bothers you. So much that you might be forced to set your bike on fire because the voices just won't leave you alone.
10) You can only have one bike and you plan to enter the Dakar Rally.
These are all perfectly legitimate reasons not to buy a Versys.
I'm sure there are others.
Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.