LED blinker flasher - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
LED blinker flasher

I am looking for a LED flasher to change out the bulbs, had another one go out, and I can't find a part number for it without ripping the bike apart to get at it. Anyone know what the replacement would be for a 2012 650 Versys?

I replaced all the bulbs on my Royal Enfield for about $60.00 with a flasher other than the head light.

The Versys will be even cheaper as the dash and tail light already are LED so all I have are the blinkers and, tag and front marker? parking? light. But I'll need a LED flasher I think and I'd rather order it all at once than pay 2-3 shipping fees.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 11:21 PM

Garage
Not clear on what you need, you want a flasher unit? So you can change to LED bulbs? Had another what go out? Bulb or flasher unit?
The city light and number plate light are easy I replaced mine with T-10 LED's

Blinker light thread

LED Bulbs

LED flashers you can get almost anywhere ebay, Custom LEDS, Custom Dynamics, auto shops you need a 2 pin LED Flasher unit.

Google is your friend
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
I am looking for a LED flasher to change out the bulbs, had another one go out, and I can't find a part number for it without ripping the bike apart to get at it. Anyone know what the replacement would be for a 2012 650 Versys?

I replaced all the bulbs on my Royal Enfield for about $60.00 with a flasher other than the head light.

The Versys will be even cheaper as the dash and tail light already are LED so all I have are the blinkers and, tag and front marker? parking? light. But I'll need a LED flasher I think and I'd rather order it all at once than pay 2-3 shipping fees.
OEM bulb - part number 92069-0076 - $2.54
Kawasaki
Web Bike World has a nice write-up on LED replacement bulbs. No additional flasher is needed. The versys takes the RY10W amber bulb.
IntertiaLED CAN Bus LED Lights Review - webBikeWorld
Amazon.com: Inertia LED - RY10W, BAU15S, 7507, 12093NA Motorcycle Can-bus Amber 10W LED Turn Signal Replacement Bulb | 120 Degree Base Pin | 100% Plug and Play / Error Free: Automotive

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Iamra, but at $25.00 EACH I'll stick with the factory bulbs for the blinkers. I did do the tag and front parking light (amber for the front because...well why not?). I also ordered the 2" mini spots lights from SuperbrightLEDs to add some fill to the front. I did the Addmorelight to the Givi 35 bags and that really helped fill the rear . I want to add the brake light flasher but need to check with the Police on if they are OK here or not.

I'll post photos when everything's up and running likely a couple of weeks due to work.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Brake light flashers are legal in Ohio.
State-by-state motorcycle laws
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 10:40 AM

I installed the IntertiaLED Signal Light Bulbs and think they are worth the money...much brighter than factory. I just consider it a "safety expense" so I could justify the $100. I think they are guaranteed for life too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode