A great bunch of guys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A great bunch of guys

Not sure how many of you know about the Station Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Laurel Springs but I wanted to give a shout out about what a get bunch of guys they are!!!

The other weekend the husband and I were up staying near there with some friends and their son(30 yrs.) riding. We had been out riding the parkway and their son had taken off on his own ahead of us and didn't keep and eye on his gas and ran out of gas. We got a text from him to come help and we didn't even know where he was. Finally after figuring out where he was we start to get him. After 15 min my husband stops and send myself and my girlfriend on back to the house becasue at this point we are 2 1/2 hrs from the house and it is 6:00. He is worried about deer coming out. So we head back.

Making a long story short I am leading it is getting dark, deer are jumping out in front of me, hawks and dive bumbing me AND the parkway and just been paved and there are no lines and my friend is hanging back a 1/2 mile for some reason. I am tense as I can be. When we get to the road that is our exit there are no lines I pull over close to the right edge to get my friend to come up to see what is wrong. NOTHING WILL I haven't had the versys long and I am use to riding a naked SV so I am not use to the fairing and I had the wheel turned to far to the right(but the windshield is still pointed straight ahead) and you guessed I went right off the road. I thought I could ride it out but it had rained and the grounds was super wet and I couldn't. I never drooped the bike just couldn't ride it out.

A lady stopped to check on me as soon as it happed and said she worked at the Station and said she would go get her boss and some guys to push me out. Well my knights in shinning armour came and were the greatest guys and were so kind to a lady(over 50) that felt so stupid. That got me out in no time. They actually had to back me do the shoulder so I could come out toward the exit because it was flatter that way and I actually one of them rode it out for me because they were taller and I felt they could handle it better. What a great bunch of guys!!!!

If you are by there please let them know you saw this and tell them thanks for helping a fellow versys rider out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Its great to still see people help out when in need.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Been there several times; good folks. Even better now...

Mark Hirschhorn
Durham NC
09 Versys "Blue Belle' - the aerodynamic blue color...
Way too much of Speedy's stuff...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CalSci windscreen / Emgo MkII mirrors / 43T rear / EB 12v outlet
Givi E52 top case / V35 side cases / Vista Cruise
Oxford Hothands / Cramp Buster
Powermadd handguards / mirror extenders

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode