Arizona/California dual purp tours - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arizona/California dual purp tours

Has anyone tried one of those tour companie in AZ or CA? For about $1500 bucks you get 4 days in various conditions on their bike, or $1000 if you use your own bike. I use theirs since I am an east coaster.

Anyone try one of these? I am really thinking about a Xmas present to myself given I can't get this type of riding on the east coast...

Tnx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foo Fighter Rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
What about having a longer xmas break and riding from east to west coast, I suppose that easy for me to say where I live as it takes me under 5 hrs to ride from where I live on east coast to west coast. Are you saying the riding is better on your west coast because am planning a tour over there somtime in future?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
What about having a longer xmas break and riding from east to west coast, I suppose that easy for me to say where I live as it takes me under 5 hrs to ride from where I live on east coast to west coast. Are you saying the riding is better on your west coast because am planning a tour over there somtime in future?
Hey Kiwi -

Not better just different terrain. The west coast has dessert, and many off road areas - the east coast is a different syle. Coast to coast is over 2,000 miles as a straight shot ...

So just looking for a different experience - like the idea of jumping around in the dessert since I've never had the experience and it looks fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foo Fighter Rider

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa714 View Post
The west coast has dessert
Hey now! The East coast has pie, ice cream, strawberries and even baklava if you know where to look. Just don't be jumping around in it.

Which tour companies in particular are you considering?

And keep in mind that Kawasaki's marketing-speak "dual purpose" is very different from the on road/off road implication of "dual sport". Dual Purpose is commuter & canyon carver, Dual Sport is sand, mud, gravel, water crossings and rocks.
In fact, Kawasaki now markets the Versys in the "Sport" category.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
It is a big country you have to ride in, coast to coast is somthing I may do if I ride in the states.
Heck should hire a Harley LOL
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
Hey now! The East coast has pie, ice cream, strawberries and even baklava if you know where to look. Just don't be jumping around in it.

Which tour companies in particular are you considering?

And keep in mind that Kawasaki's marketing-speak "dual purpose" is very different from the on road/off road implication of "dual sport". Dual Purpose is commuter & canyon carver, Dual Sport is sand, mud, gravel, water crossings and rocks.
In fact, Kawasaki now markets the Versys in the "Sport" category.
Yea I know - apple cobler is my fav - anyway - would fly out to AZ and use one their dirt bikes - my V is for street and the occasional fire road type

check out http://www.motoventures.com/

Foo Fighter Rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode