Be the first to know about new AltRider products for the Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Be the first to know about new AltRider products for the Versys

As a new company with so many products coming out our first year, we’re often asked when different parts will be available. We’re always excited to hear how much people anticipate the things we’re creating, but thought there might be a better way to communicate about everything that’s happening.

That’s why, in addition to our regular newsletter, we created product news update lists. When you create an AltRider account, you can choose which updates you want to receive based on what bike(s) you own. Have a BMW F 800 GS? Sign up for the BMW GS list! Proud owner of a V-Strom 650? Make sure you’re getting the Suzuki V-Strom updates!

We send news to the following product news update lists: BMW GS, Suzuki V-Strom, Ducati, KTM Adventure, and Kawasaki.

If you already have an AltRider account, you can double check you’re getting the updates you want. Log in, click “Your Garage,” “Settings,” then “Edit.” From there you can select which information you want to receive.

We don’t want to fill your inbox or annoy you with emails that aren’t relevant. When you sign up for our product news update lists, you get the information you actually want.

If you wish to start receiving these updates, you can do that by creating your AltRider account.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out the Rider Locator:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 05:50 PM

Why dont you post new Versys stuff here! You will likely get better coverage of your gear. Just sayin'
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM

And sponsor the site if you don't already.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 06:42 PM

Um, I hope you have new products coming other than a new version of speedy's flatfoot. Yeah there are other products but there is only one AltRider item. I know what your response will be "create an account and we will tell you when we have something new". I already have enough accounts across the net. After the first few emails from you that don't interest me the rest will end in the spam box. This forum is my main source for new product info for the Versys. If you just post the info here I'm much more likely notice it.

oh, yeah +1 for site sponsor to

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

Last edited by brothercannon; 08-31-2010 at 06:47 PM.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:14 PM

Where's the SPAM smiley?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
Yep. Post it here. This forum is full of farkle-lovin' fools. Just dangle the bait and if your product is quality then you'll make some money from us...lol

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwiley View Post
Where's the SPAM smiley?
Its not SPAM if they have products that fit the Versys...if so, I am all ears. If they make junk, it wont take long via the forums for word to get out. If they make good product the same holds true...Good publicity will get out fast!

I agree with brothercannon. I am not joining more websites. Just another login and password ti keep track of, especially if there is not much in the way of Versys specific hardware.

ALTRIDER, I wish your starup company the best! It is a cut throat world out there, but there is money to be made if you supply good quality useful product at a reasonable price!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Its not SPAM if they have products that fit the Versys...if so, I am all ears. If they make junk, it wont take long via the forums for word to get out. If they make good product the same holds true...Good publicity will get out fast!

I agree with brothercannon. I am not joining more websites. Just another login and password ti keep track of, especially if there is not much in the way of Versys specific hardware.

ALTRIDER, I wish your starup company the best! It is a cut throat world out there, but there is money to be made if you supply good quality useful product at a reasonable price!
Did you notice the only place it mentions "Versys" is in the title, the rest is copy & paste. I stand by SPAM statement.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM

I'm with Capn Kirk it's not spam.

So I gave the site a closer look. The best I can figure out with out signing up for it, is the site is a store with a social networking aspect. I hope they have good products and their community feature may give them an edge but it's not for me. I'll just bookmark the versys page and check it periodically. If they post their products on our forum I'll learn about them quicker.

nathanwiley, I did notice that they didn't mention the Versys in the body of the text. I think if they wanted to be taken seriously they would have spoken directly to the Versys community. Still AltRider has only started 2 threads and both of those are about motorcycles and not trying to sell cellphones.

Last edited by brothercannon; 08-31-2010 at 08:47 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM

Nice and clean site, high quality equipment photos with instructions, logically arranged
congrats on the challenges too, that´s a nice way to bond in people with a common interest: motorbike ridding!
One thing I can give you (marketing wise), is at least you show some more concern for the people themselves than most online shops where the port of call is just sell sell sell!
For that sole reason I am sure you will suceed, as you grow your available inventory

wish the best of luck for your site and sales, Jeremy

people don´t be lazy just look at the site before commenting, that´s all

greetings

Last edited by ninogui; 08-31-2010 at 08:44 PM.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 PM

Look at his 9 posts on this forum. Nothing but promotion of his business.

I work at a dealership.....mind if I post up some free advertisement here?

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
I'll just bookmark the versys page and check it periodically.
Can you link to the Versys page? I did a search and poked around and could not find anything for the V. Thanks!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Look at his 9 posts on this forum. Nothing but promotion of his business.

I work at a dealership.....mind if I post up some free advertisement here?
ahahah good choice that´s a great oldie, we all miss them

I did not focus on spamming or not.. just moved on.. focused on the web page itself
btw great photos on previous challenges
also if those guys have products for 6 brands of motorcycles and post their site in let´s say 12 forums would you consider that spamming? whats spamming and what is not? are you retyping a msg somewhere else from your head all the time? that´s nonsense (python way), why is copy and paste not allowed as a facilitator? I use it a lot and if the guy answered and/or commented personally towards a member on other posts can this be called spamming? hardly I think (no I´m not a company associate)

and watch out... dealers lurking in the shadows figuring out the best way to rip your innocent pockets off lololol

Oh well talking about dealership I´m just going to watch piranha 3D and value life a bit more, while thinking why Rich Dreyfuss has gone so low in life, maybe "jaws" elderly aftermath?
So you see total subject change, who cares really

Last edited by ninogui; 08-31-2010 at 09:21 PM.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Where's the SPAM smiley?
That was my thought. A contributing member is one thing but all I see is posts directing traffic to another site. More/new products is great when it comes from a site sponsor.

Anybody want to buy the latest Iphone or knock off designer shoes?

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 AM

I live in Seattle and had a oppurtunity to stop at their offices and I can tell you the products being developed are uncompromising in quality. They are a very talented group of design engineers. Cool decals too.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Here is a link to the Kawasaki stuff.

There is a flat foot, rear Ohlins Shock, Ohlins Fork Springs, and wide, off-road style pegs. Pretty nice stuff. Hopefully they will have engine guards, a skid plate, radiator guard, and luggage rack in the future. (Judging by what is available for other models.)
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 AM

here is the link to the first gen Versys page

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...l/Versys/cid/1

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
here is the link to the first gen Versys page

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...l/Versys/cid/1
Thanks to you and camaroz1985 for the links!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Hey! There are the foot pegs I have been looking for! Very nice. Just needs more stuff to keep me busy during this Winter's FarkleFest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode