Turn signals. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Turn signals.

In my crash last week I broke my front throttle side turn signal. I am making my list of parts to repair the bike, and looked at the price of OEM signals.

1 signal is just shy of $50! So who has replaced their signals with something else? I do not want to give up visibility of the light for other motorists.

I was following a bike the other day, and sitting just a few feet behind them at a light I had to be looking very closely at the turn signal to see that it was actually flashing. To me, that is not acceptable.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM

I've also seen bikes where you can hardly tell the signal is on. But what is it? Wiring? The bike? Or the lights themselves? I'd like to think that aftermarket lights would work just as good as oem.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbo75 View Post
I've also seen bikes where you can hardly tell the signal is on. But what is it? Wiring? The bike? Or the lights themselves? I'd like to think that aftermarket lights would work just as good as oem.
Usully they are much smaller lights than stock. The owner does not want big and ugly signals, so they put smaller better looking signals. However, you cant put a big bulb in that tiny signal.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Check ebay usally stock parts there at a reasonable price.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Check ebay usally stock parts there at a reasonable price.
Yea I saw some on there that would work. Just seeing if there are any aftermarkets.

08' Versys
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If you want visibility then stock is the way. After market ones are small and not as big as as the stock. They look nice but lighting wise still prefer stock as they are design to serve the purpose.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 01:29 PM

Hello.

I have changed blink lights, both front and back, to the type that sits on Kawasaki ER-6n (2007 model) which is approx. 3 cm. shorter, so they come closer to the bike, but the flashing light is slightly larger......

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmoover View Post
Hello.

I have changed blink lights, both front and back, to the type that sits on Kawasaki ER-6n (2007 model) which is approx. 3 cm. shorter, so they come closer to the bike, but the flashing light is slightly larger......

Those look nice. As do the rear ones on the 09' US ER6N.

But being that they are OEM they most likely would have been around the same price as the stock on my V. So instead of $50 to fix the 1 I broke I would be paying $200 for 4.

08' Versys
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 AM

Hello.

I bought mine used, at a Danish side similar to ebay..........
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 AM
djg

Dennis Kirk and others have replacement turn signals, pages of them. They are usually a bit cheaper than OEM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode