So I have this condition where I browse ads for things I don't really need. It's just for fun and pretty benign, usually.
But I found something toady and can't get it out of my head:
An ad for KTM 950 Super Enduro R
with very low mileage and for insanely low price. It's been on sale for a while and owner is desperate for money but in this economy no one can afford that kind of toy.
I'm very, very happy with my Versys witch is just right for me. I ride just under a year now and have done just under 10k Km in that time. I mostly ride asphalt roads and enjoy long distance touring. I've spent a whole year and a bit of money acquiring farkles and setting the bike the way I want. I like that it's cheep and easy to fix and work on. I planned to keep it indefinitely.
So why did I catch this bug? Why do I want this enduro monster?
Here are some more 'cons':
- I'm not sure if my experience level is high enough for a 100hP/1000cc bike
- I've never ridden a bike with knobby tires
- I can barely afford it and the cost of registration for 1000cc bike is extremely high here
- KTMs are notoriously fiddly and expensive to work on
- this bike is bone-stock. Accessories for KTMs cost arm and a leg
- What would I do with the Versys? Not easy to sell bikes these days...
Thing is, I can rationalize my way around all of this.
Could you, please, try to talk some sense into me.