Versys Vids - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Vids

Hi Folks I'm new here or at least I think I am. I have that ole deja vu that I may joined many years / computer towers and ISP's ago. As such darned if I know who I was. Moving along thought maybe a couple of videos I have up on You Tube may be of interest.

and also
Cheerz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 PM

Nice Vids! I spent some time on the roads up there. Thanks for sharing. Welcome back or maybe just good to see you again.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Nice ride and video. Like the way you swing the V on the twisters.

Welcome and ride safe.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Love those twistys, great Vid, really like the first one where you can see rev counter and speedo
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 AM

Nice roads, I love the twisties in the second video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
where you can see rev counter and speedo
Yeah. In the first video, that was about 122 mph you were doing at 2:28, wasn't it?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 03:59 PM

Thanks - love riding vids
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM

Very nice clip.

What camera are you using? I have one of the cheap $10 mini-DV cameras and it's OK, but not as sharp and it has more rolling shutter effect than I see in yours. Did you modify the clip or is that the quality the camera gives?

Here is one of mine:

Gustavo

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

The Cape Smokey videos were captured with a FLIP self contained digital video camera (standard but they also have HD versions) . Local about $140. Just stuck it in under the chin piece of the helmet and added a small bit of duct tape. The trick came in editing because the camera (and video) was upside down in this position. Just gotta work on the audio a bit.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 PM

Trying to embed a video I just made and is posted on Vimeo......Anyone know how to embed Vimeo videos on here? It's not taking.....Here's a direct link to the video....

Last edited by tenover; 08-05-2010 at 09:29 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
Very nice clip.

What camera are you using? I have one of the cheap $10 mini-DV cameras and it's OK, but not as sharp and it has more rolling shutter effect than I see in yours. Did you modify the clip or is that the quality the camera gives?

Gustavo
As mentioned the "Cape Smokey" clip was with the FLIP standard def digital camera from Walmart. It records in Divx. It lost a minimal bit of quality going over to You Tube. The only editing was through windows movie maker to "mirror" the video as it was recorded with the camera stuck upside down in my helmet chin piece. I'm considering a magnetic stick on wide angle lense from ebay for more field of view. The earlier view with handlebars and gauges visible was even more low tech. Done with my Canon A60 photo camera in movie mode. A discount store velcro strap around my chest and two rubber bands holding the camera on was the mount. Was a bit of a rush as "movie mode" would shut off after 3 min. Quality was meant for the era when You tube used 2 inch videos so now they enlarged it the pixels show how "old school" it was. Strangely this year the older Canon A60 video was picked up by Ad Sense. Lets just say I won't be quitting my day job any time soon.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:57 AM

You also might want to check out the GoPro HD digtial. Very small and made for this kind of video capture.

Go to the link in my signature and you can see how well it works. They also have a bunch of different mounts, perfect for bikes and cars.

Not that Slyders are not high quality. You did a great job on capturing that ride!
Just some different options for cams out there too.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 10:36 AM

The video I posted a link to was done with the GoPro Hero Wide Angle. I mounted it directly on my helmet.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 AM

Ohhhhh, that looks like fun. I'm trying to convince 2 of my friends to go out to Cape Breton next year to do the Cabot Trail. Those 2 videos should help!

Thanks

Brent

Current bike - 2007 Versys, black
Givi v46 topcase, Oxford Heaterz, Motowerks lowering blocks, Barkbuster VPS hand guards, Evotech radiator cover, Hepco Becker crash bars, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Seat Concepts all carbon look seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode