2010 versys comparison - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 versys comparison

Anyone have a 2010 model that had a earlier model in the past. I would like to know if the new model has less vibes do to the new engine mounting. Over all how do u like new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:44 PM

I have a 2009 V with 2200 miles that I ride in NJ. I have a 2010 V with 500 miles I ride in WV. The 2009 V became smoother as it was broken in, and smoother yet after I put in synthetic oil (Amsoil) at 1200 miles. The 2010 has more vibration than the 2009 V, but also fewer miles. It is a little smoother now at 500 miles than it was when I first got it. So far, I don't see any evidence that the rubber engine mount is reducing vibration in the 10 V.

However, both bikes are a pleasure to ride. The vibration is not serious enough to bother me.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 04:42 PM

I have a 2010 with about 1000 miles and I have noticed that it seems to be getting smoother the more miles I get on it. I thought it was my imagination.

2010 Versys - 2007 Honda Goldwing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 05:18 PM

QUOTE "I have a 2009 V with 2200 miles that I ride in NJ. I have a 2010 V with 500 miles I ride in WV."

Wow, there's a man that doesn't like to be away from his Versys!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
I have a 2010 with about 1000 miles and I have noticed that it seems to be getting smoother the more miles I get on it. I thought it was my imagination.
I thought the same thing!

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 PM

My 2010 is smooth. A little clunky between first an second but vibration is so minimal.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

ronniewill

Thanks 2010 owners. The reason I didn't reply earlier today was because I was busy buying my own 2010.All I can say about my first 75 or so miles is it's great being back in the Versys saddle. Has anyone put a pipe on yet-if so which one.Also, many V owners keep raving about going to a 44 tooth rear sproket,any 2010 owners done it and how do u feel about that change? I made a big mistake by trading in my 08 V for a close out on a 08 FZ1,thinking it would make a great sport touring bike.I'm sure a lot of FZ1 owner think it does, but there is something about the power and torque and rideability of a V that is hard to describe unless u own one. Of course if the V had an extra 25+ HP and more torque that would be ok too.Never the less I could not be more excited to be a V owner again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode