Finally seen one up close... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Finally seen one up close...

One benefit of my job is I get out of the office and around the area. The nearest Kawi dealer is over an hour away. Today I had to go on an unusually long trip for work. I carefully planned my route so it took my right past a Kawi dealer. I got lucky and they had one V in stock, an 09.

First impression...its a lot bigger than the pictures let on...When I sat on it I could not flatfoot it. I'm 5'11 guess my legs are short compared to my torso...

The tank looks huge!....overall I really like the bike. The dealer was going to let me ride it but I really didn't have time and I had on shorts and t-shirt and no helmet. I plan on taking a ride up there again soon for a test ride.

I really wish I had the money to get one sooner rather than later....

I'm jealous of you all!!

Last edited by offcamber; 07-28-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM

Get one! Get one! Get one!

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM

If you don't have the cash now, ask about their financing programs. Maybe you can get a good deal for 36 to 60 months financing. You can pay the minimum amount monthly and if you have extra cash you can pay more. That way, you will finish paying off your V sooner. With the economy still in bad shape, the dealer will do anything to move their inventory. Just a thought

Gerald

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider View Post
If you don't have the cash now, ask about their financing programs. Maybe you can get a good deal for 36 to 60 months financing. You can pay the minimum amount monthly and if you have extra cash you can pay more. That way, you will finish paying off your V sooner. With the economy still in bad shape, the dealer will do anything to move their inventory. Just a thought

Gerald
Thanks for the advice...I was hoping to have at least half up front then finance the rest.

Sell my old bike then dump that into the loan or some accessories.
I'm only going to get about $1200 for my old bike.

He quoted my $6K for the bike...that seems about what others are paying. I don't know if that included any factory discount or not.

Need at least a fair down payment or the War Department will not approve the purchase.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 04:10 PM

You may want to ask about the Kawasaki Card. First 6 months ZERO % interest with minimum payments. Pay the balance by the end of 6 months and it costs you ZERO. Use their money instead of yours. Just make sure you make the minimum payment on time and pay off by end of 6 months or they will tack on interest retro to loan date.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcarne View Post
You may want to ask about the Kawasaki Card. First 6 months ZERO % interest with minimum payments. Pay the balance by the end of 6 months and it costs you ZERO. Use their money instead of yours. Just make sure you make the minimum payment on time and pay off by end of 6 months or they will tack on interest retro to loan date.

Thanks....I only do those deal when I have the cash in hand...which I don't...I'd rather do a regular loan with regular payments.....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Thanks....I only do those deal when I have the cash in hand...which I don't...I'd rather do a regular loan with regular payments.....
I definately understand that. I was fortunate enough to have sold my 08 Concours and have the cash invested elswhere until time to pay it off. I would look for other financing other than the Kawasaki Card due to its high interest rate. Good Luck!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 06:46 PM

I would also shop around for some prices, $6K isn't bad at all, but why not attempt to get some better prices. If you do happen to finance, then there should be no problem with any dealer getting one in for you.

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode