Glove/Grip question.. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Glove/Grip question..

Got a quick question. Has anyone out there had issues with maintaining grip on the throttle while wearing gloves? It seems I have to either squeeze a lot harder than I should, causing hand fatigue, or readjust every so often to keep the throttle in the same spot as my hand slowly slips around the throttle. The gloves are new, so maybe it'll just take some breaking in, but thought I'd see if any of you folks have some suggestions. Changing the grips could be an option, but not in the budget at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Try one of these, a throttle rocker. I ride with the front brake covered and using at TR, helps hand fatigue.

I'm talking about the thing on the right in this picture. As you can see I also use a throttle lock (on the left) so I can scratch myself of flex my right hand for short periods. That is made by Vistacruise and goes for about $15.00 as I recall, very easy to fit-poor man's cruise control.

Think TR was about $10.00 on the web. Also known as Crampbuster, check the back of any motorcycle magazine.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 AM

Throttle thingie....

I also have that black plastic thing on my grip. It helps to stop my hand from cramping during long rides. I just have to rest my hand on it. My grips also have grip puppies and I also wear some type of padded glove when I ride.

Cb

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I use a Throttle Rocker, too. On both bikes. Helps a lot.

I always wear gloves so I can't help you with the no-gloves issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 PM

A good pair of Gel grips is only $10-$20 and well worth the money compared to the stock grip.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM

Iíve found that it all depends on the gloves/grips combination. Iíve had some combinations that would have my throttle hand aching after 15 minutes... but the leather palms on my current gloves (Olympia) with the stock í10 V grips are perfect! I can hold the throttle in position by just laying my hand on it without even closing my fingers but itís also not so `tacky' that I canít let it slip.

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM

I have big hands and felt the same as you Tranquil. I put a set of grip puppies on and have been happy. The fatter grip provides better torque, thus less squeeze needed to hold and i think more precise throttle control. You may need to adjust your lever standoff because you lose about 3/16" of reach. $10 well spent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode