Tank bag - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tank bag

Can anyone recommend a small to medium size tank bag for the Versys? Maybe a magnetic one that would stay in place on the unique shape of the tank? Unless a strapped bag is better. I am not a tourer and only need something big enough to fit some things in for a 200-300 mile trip. I saw a Cortech mini bag at the dealer for around a $100 that looked pretty good when I was buying the bike. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 PM

Garage
Joe Rocket "Manta" Tank Bag

Works great on the Versys. I had one until I upgraded to Wolfman's Rainier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:10 AM

I just got the small Ogio. It is really small...i was looking for something for wallet, phone, glasses, eyedrops. Nice bag. Stayed firmly in pkace up to 70. Dont know boyond that. I ran a loop of the included strap around handlebar headset for backup.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:19 AM

The Cortech works great for me, I also got the Cortech rear bag that works with my standard rack that i have on there. the rear bag works well and i dont have to leave it on all the time but work great for going to the store.

cheers
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 AM
djg

I bought the Bags Connection "city" bag from twistedthrottle.com. It is a perfect fit on the sloped tank. It mounts on a ring you install on the gas cap surround. Very slick, but a bit pricey.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versman View Post
Can anyone recommend a small to medium size tank bag for the Versys? Maybe a magnetic one that would stay in place on the unique shape of the tank? Unless a strapped bag is better. I am not a tourer and only need something big enough to fit some things in for a 200-300 mile trip. I saw a Cortech mini bag at the dealer for around a $100 that looked pretty good when I was buying the bike. What do you guys think?

I use the Cortech Mini Bag it is about $59 retail, and is magnetic. Works great on the VS as a Tank or Tail bag. I normally put mine on the tail, under a net. I can carry 2 bottles of water, and a small can of Honda Polish and a towel for my helmet. I have had this bag for about 6 years, and it works great and has been on several dirts rides as well.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode