3Likes
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 1 Post By 3dog
  • 1 Post By silviefox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wolfman Tail Bag?

I'm thinking of getting a tail bag for Kermit mainly to hold my jacket and pant liners as well as my alternate gloves. It has occurred more than once that setting out on the ride is chilly, but as the sun comes up I wish I could shed the liner of my jacket at least. I suspect it will at one point occur the other way were I set of without the liners and end up wishing I had them.

I've been poking around and, the Wolfman Peak tailbag has my interest. I'm not looking for an overnight bag, just for day trips and I can always add a matching tank bag to the setup.

What do you think of this bag? I like that it's made in CO instead of China and the price point seems about right.

Mel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 04:34 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i have a trunk box like this one Hard Scooter Motorcycle Luggage Trunk Top Lock Case Storage Tail Box Black | eBay..
great for extra gloves zipties jacket or just what ever and its lockable so i dont worrie about leaving my $100 camera in it when i go to the river and what not

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 04:53 PM

Garage
One of these might work for you as well...Moose Racing Adventure Rear Rack Bag - RevZilla ...... http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...re-pillion-bag

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 01-22-2016 at 04:55 PM.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 04:55 PM

I learned the hard way to use a waterproof bag like the Ortleib or Wolfman duffel bags.
But neither of those two look as nice as the one you chose.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 11:24 PM

Wolf man makes some great bags. I have a set of small panniers that I have had for over 8 years still working perfectly.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 08:41 AM

Garage
well my husband likes to buy me a pack of fox stickers from the dollar tree every time he went and they piles up and i got board and "improved" my $20 trunk box
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=78857&thumb=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151104_084346.jpg (110.6 KB, 47 views)
3dog likes this.

yes im a guy.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 01:20 PM

The Wolfman bag looks good, also check out Chase-Harper products, excellent quality and service. I have used since the 1980's. Made in California.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
i have a trunk box like this one Hard Scooter Motorcycle Luggage Trunk Top Lock Case Storage Tail Box Black | eBay..
great for extra gloves zipties jacket or just what ever and its lockable so i dont worrie about leaving my $100 camera in it when i go to the river and what not
Does this setup also require the rear luggage rack?

Mel

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 08:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dog View Post
Does this setup also require the rear luggage rack?
yes tho you dont have to buy a high price pre-made one you can make your own and mount them from the passenger handles mounts

yes im a guy.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
yes tho you dont have to buy a high price pre-made one you can make your own and mount them from the passenger handles mounts
Holy Carp! That's genius! Why didn't I think of that?

silviefox likes this.

Mel

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 10:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dog View Post
Holy Carp! That's genius! Why didn't I think of that?

if your not going to have a passenger get perforated steel strips add two 90*bends to 4 peaces (will draw a terrible blue print)

yes im a guy.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 10:22 AM

Garage
black and orange prints drawn by a 4y/o
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160124_082004.jpg (47.4 KB, 50 views)
3dog likes this.

yes im a guy.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 02:18 PM

Garage
Wolfman gear is great. Really high quality, and you can't go wrong with it. That said, I kind of think an tailbag is a bit of a waste of money. I mean, a tank bag is pretty specific. You really can't strap any old bag to your tank without fear of scratching it etc, but a bag that straps to your seat, well you can pretty much slap any bag on there with a $3 bungee net. I've been using a generic Waterproof bag for years this way. It's big, tough, totally waterproof, and was like $20. I think I intended it to be used for kayaking, but it's mostly used on the bike.

If your spending any coin on it, I think a top case is so much more convenient than a tailbag. I have a Givi Box and rack on the Versys, but it was on there when I bought it. If it wasn't, I would have just made a rack as mentioned, and used one of those JC Whitney Top Cases (garage pro is the brand I think). I did that on my other bike. Made the rack from Steel Stock I got at Home Depot, and a black cutting board stolen from my wife. Was a fun project actually. I think my "All in" cost was like $50. Works just as well as the Givi. When loaded for a long trip, I run a strap around either topcase, as extra insurance they don't open or fly off. I don't have full trust in either one's mechanism when fully loaded, especially with my CPAP machine, or my laptop in there.

That's my .02, but I'm pretty "frugal". I do love my Wolfman tankbag which I've had for close to a decade. Here's a pic of the whole setup, including wolfman tankbag.

http://

'09 Versys
'01 ZR7S
'79 Yamaha XS650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode