Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Greetings from Finland.

872 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Devilsfan 
#1 ·
I have bought a 2010 model few days ago and starting a long but fun process of fixing the bike after previous owner(he was a lazy man). now it is on 20100 Km mark.
That's already done:
* Clutch cable replacement. Clutch adjustment.
* Hunting for a crickets in the dashboard. Still in the process.
* Cleaning the chain, kickstand, under the seat areas.

On TODO list:
*Changing the front brake pads.
* Bleeding the rear brake and replacing the braking fluid ( it feels very week at the moment. Catching up only close to the and of the pedal's travel)
* Replacing the coolant and cleaning inside the coolant reserve tank. There is some white substance on the walls of the coolant tank.
* Replacing the air filter. Cleaning the old one, if possible.
* Inspecting the valves clearance.
* Fixing the dashboard with soft tape.

Any hints on what else to pay attention? Or any hints on the up cumming maintenance?

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
You covered the main ones, the valve shim and fluid change in the brakes should be top priority. I would also do a stator test if you have time, very simple , due to the age of the stator, converting to a series regulator may or may not be a good idea, just throwing that out as recently there has been a number of new members with MK-1 & MK-2 bikes with stator failure. https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...testing-polaris-4016868-low-h-beams-dead.html

Also there is step by step instructions on the valve shim in the How To Forum https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...shim-check-valve-timing-valve-adjustment.html

#6 ·
Thank you for advice. Tomorrow is the holiday in Finland. Will test the starter's voltages.
Also will probably go around the wiring as i have noticed some old dried insulating tape.

Do you think it is a good idea to replace the ole cable insulation with a thermal heat shrink tubes?
IMHO it will be better, then stock insulation. Stock wiring looking rather messy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.