Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Newbie from Canada
I am 46 years old and I live on the Canadian East Coast.
I Sold my F650GS Dakar and got a used 2017 Versys 300 with 1800 miles on it, it was equipped with Shinko 805/804 tires (my favourite tires), and it also had heated grips.
I have been riding since the age of 11 and owned various motorcycle styles and the Versys 300 is my 9th motorcycle. I was attracted to it because of its size and also that I am inseam challenged at 30 inches, I wanted a light adventure motorcycle and the Versys 300 is just perfect.
Here are the mods that I have done:
- After Market LED Fogs Light with Kawasaki Harness and Kawasaki Fog Light Switch
- T-Rex Crash Bars
- T-Rex Skid Plate
- Adventure Tech Front Fender Riser kit
- Adventure Tech OVER THE DASH GPS/PHONE MOUNT
- Adventure Tech Larger Bolt-on Side Stand Foot
- USB Power Socket
- ABS Override Switch
- Adjustable short Brake and Clutch lever
- Barkbuster VPS Handguards
- All lights replaced with LED and Turn Relay replaced with LED compatible one
- Rewired heated grip to connect with USB Power Socket (Was connected straight to battery)
- Front foot pegs replaced with larger platform ones from eBay
- Emgo Travel Trunk and tail bag for the rear seat.
- 1 inch Gel Insert and foam inserted inside the front seat (Done by Local Automotive upholsterer)
I have purchased the bike on December 24th 2018. Since We still have snow here, I haven't tried the bike as of yet, I am looking forward to taking it out for my first ride, hopefully, very soon.
2017 Versys-X 300 ABS
Last edited by AdvRdr666; 03-27-2019 at 11:11 PM.