Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Transporting bike inside of a U-Haul?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:37 AM
jpd

Garage
Load The front of the truck with as much of your stuff as you can and leave enough room to get the bike in behind it. A Harbor Freight wheel stand is a good idea as you can start by strapping it down to it. I will keep things upright. Leave the rear wheel on the ground. Use lots of ropes or tie downs the keep the bike secure and the other cargo from falling down on the bike. Heavy trash bags full of clothing or bedding stuffed around the bike for padding work ok. The plastic bag protects your cloths and the cloths are something soft if the bike wants to tip over. Your stuff will be more inclined to move forward do to braking than to move back due to acceleration. I like the idea of a fork lift or lift gate but I suspect that is not an option so just be careful and go slow as you load it. Get as many friends as possible to help.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome