Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - New Rear Rack Option
View Single Post
post #299 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
I'm looking to order this for my '09 but still deciding between the Steel or Aluminum and Back plate with holes vs no holes options. Is the Aluminum version powder coated?

Also, has anyone used a Shad top case with these? I'm currently looking at Shad SH48 or Givi E55NA cases, can't decide which just yet. Still learning as this bike is new to me (and first real street bike after years of playing in the dirt). Decisions, decisions...

Thanks,
Roon
Well the weather finally cooperated this weekend and I was able to get the rack and a top case mounted. Very impressed with the quality of the rack and the ease of installation

I found a 48L Comie Top Case on Amazon for 52 Bucks and figured I'd take a shot with it. After comparing it to my buddie's Givi Mount and top case I'm impressed with that purchase also. Quality of the plastic and mounting plate is very comparable, lock is a little flimsier so I'll see how this case lasts over time. I'll keep an eye out for a Givi/Shad bargain on Craigslist as the one thing I am giving up with this case is the ability to mount brake light/turn signals on the top case.

Got about 70 miles of riding in on Saturday and couldn't tell the case was on the back (it was empty the whole time) and I couldn't see it behind me either. I think this case will be fine for some weekend trips we're planning...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg case3.jpg (41.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg case2.jpg (53.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg case1.jpg (68.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg case.jpg (75.9 KB, 27 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome