Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Goldwing to Versys 1000
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:52 PM
cjcintucson

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I will second the high center of gravity problem. If the Versys leans a little too far (while standing still and especially if the front wheel is cocked too far) over it goes with me on it. Done that twice. My plan when I can not balance it is to either go to more of a cruiser (thinking like a Suzuki Intruder in about 800ccc) which is lower AND shaft drive. Or, if I still want to cover some long stretches of road, I might check out the Can Am. I am sure guys can say a lot of negative things about them, but I have heard that they at least corner a little bit like a two wheeler compared to a Harley Trike. I bicycle with a lady that rides a Gold Wing trike. She loves it for the balance, but says it is a very bumpy ride on her butt. Yes, I asked about the suspension. Sailor Bill - at 81 (I am a fit 70) I think you should skip the Versys 1000. Especially if you do not have a lot of upper body strength and/or you are not reasonably tall. GOOD LUCK - keep us posted.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome