Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Goldwing to Versys 1000
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:02 PM
twowheeladdict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome.

In the same vane as Joe, take a look at Tilting Motor Works - High-performance trike kit for your Harley® or Gold Wing

You can still lean into the curves and have stability when stopped.

Back to two wheels. You can't just consider the weight of the motorcycle but also where the Center of Gravity (CG) is located as well as the seat height which provides or takes away from how far out you can put your feet from the bike.

My 900lb Harley Road Glide is a lot easier to handle than my 600lb Concours 1400 was.

You must be looking at the upscale Versys 1000 SE LT when stating the costs. The 1000 LT is $5k less but can be bought as a leftover for around $10k. You can't upgrade an LT to an SE LT+ by bolting on parts.

If you want to stay away from a chain drive and don't want to go to a 'cruiser' style bike take a look at Moto Guzzi. They are coming out with the V85 this year and it is shaft drive and can be had with luggage.

BTW: The Harley Road Glide touring bike is no more 'cruiser' than the Honda Goldwing.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome