Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - First year, 20,000 miles done.
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:57 PM
twowheeladdict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
The HD Electra/Road Glide is by far what you see the most when going on a long road trip. Lots of people out on those covering huge miles. Other than cornering (it'll go fast enough) it's got self adjusting valves, belt drive and tires that last forever in comparison to sport touring bikes. Good wind protection too. They make great touring bikes. Crossing the US involves going in a strait line most of the time anyways especially in the middle.

I'm really looking forward to seeing HD's take on the ADV bike in the next few years. Hopefully it's not super heavy.

Kyle you got a great deal on the used V, enjoy! I'm trying to convince a friend on mine to go the same route for an upcoming long trip next year. He's only owned large HD's before and is pretty apprehensive about a "small" japanese bike.

The Road Glide Special handles curves quite well. It just takes a lot more skill to ride one fast than it does a bike 1/2 its size. Oh, and the Ohlins I have on it help keep those tires in contact with the road.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome