Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - ECU'S / Flashing & Tuning / Versys 650 / Complete
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
onewizard
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Changed title

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1largebarge View Post
Woa a bit confused by the posts here. Blame it on a few too many wasted brain cells in lieu of having a good time.

The power commander (greatly) helped mitigate the fueling issues of the mk-3 versys exasperated by an aftermarket exhaust. It is now better than stock and seems to be a happy motor down to 2.5k rpms.

These mods DID put a little more grunt to the V. That being said, in no way did the mods turned it into a liter bike. It did however lighten the bike up, give it a bit more power, a great exhaust note, and totally fixed the touchy throttle.

I’m not an expert in ECUs and re-flashing, but for the extra money I have the bike that I was looking for. To each their own, but these mods make me want to ride the V even more than I already did. 14k miles in 2.5 years, and not letting up. Spend money on the mods that make you want to ride more, just my $0.02.
Changed title I started the original thread

This isn't a debate, each person is entitled to their opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Misleading title. For me more performance isn't about HP. It is about being able to handle the curves. HP isn't going to make the bike faster and safer through the curves. Suspension and brakes are the performance mods I would be looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NunoMt View Post
If one bought a bike and is considerig an 1k to 2k of an update in terms of Cash, because that's what it will cost a good exaust, power command and a serious bank tunning I think you're in to the wrong bike.

For a bit more you are in the realm of Versys 1000, Tracer 900, or my favorite, The Triumph Tiger Sport.

There have always been people looking for the Holy Graal on their bikes... But I've neve seen anyone achieve it.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1largebarge View Post
I see your point, but the main driver for the mods was not to turn the 650 into a liter bike. If I had a liter bike, I would also spend the $1000 bucks on that to give it a louder exhaust note and a better fuel map.

We joined this forum mainly because of the Versys ( original was 650, the the 1000, now the 300), we try and share knowledge, if you wish to debate ECU reflash why not start a new thread, Pro and cons Reflash/ Power Commander alternative, FYI this isn't that thread!!

This isn't a debate, each person is entitled to their opinion, any further comments debating whether this is $$$$ , feasible, stupid or as a owner of a Versys 650 that should have purchased a V1000, now that the title is changed, I expect no more negative comments or debates on this.
5 minutes after posting, someone else decided to give a opinion

So if there are any owners of a MK-3 650 Versys around Tampa Florida and wish to compare the ride of stock, PM Steve.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-19-2018 at 07:35 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome