Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Dual LED low beams? (Doubletronics)
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
VersysCurses

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply. I understand the reflector for the high beam is angled differently and would potentially dazzle oncoming cars, but thought maybe if they could be reduced to 40% output, that may be enough to mitigate this? But maybe not, that's why I asked. I also understand that dual lights could cause us to be confused for a far away car, but honestly I'm not concerned about that. I've had plenty of people turn in front of me with the stock single light. I just assume everyone is going to turn in front of me and make appropriate precautions.

It's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any options to have what I (and others) are looking for. I've even looked at the complete light replacement assemblies (pricey) by KT motorcycles which sounds great, but even they seem to have the same qualities as stock in terms of how the low/high beams are angled and how they function. Maybe one day someone will have a replacement assembly that allows dual low beams.

EDIT: Another thought; what about adjusting the high beam lower to prevent dazzling oncoming traffic? I know the high beam may not point high enough to be a true "high beam" after that, but I could buy some auxiliary LEDs that would do a better job than the current high beam anyway. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. Thanks again.

Last edited by VersysCurses; 05-26-2018 at 02:07 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome