Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Dallas Don's latest invention

5K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  dallasdon 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I've been quite for a while since my Center Stand so I decided to come up with something new and here it is. Highway Pegs that bolt directly to the engine mounts.

#2 ·
Great idea!

#4 ·
Very Nice. Wish you had posted them about 2 weeks ago.:(

#11 · (Edited)
If anyone thinks they would like to have these please send me an email and let me know. I'm trying to get a ballpark on how much interest there is in this before I go to the time and expense of manufacturing them. I think that without the pegs, the mounts will go for about $65.00 which would be subject to final cost (up or down) of production.

Email txdon63@gmail.com if interested and I'll put you on the notification list.

#14 ·
If anyone thinks they would like to have these please send me an email and let me know. I'm trying to get a ballpark on how much interest there is in this before I go to the time and expense of manufacturing them. I think that without the pegs, the mounts will go for about $65.00 which would be subject to final cost (up or down) of production.

Email txdon63@gmail.com if interested and I'll put you on the notification list.
I'd be interested, but not at that price.

#21 ·
Pismocycleguy

Not very "FRIENDLY"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001

Don just ignore the cheap asses.

He was just answering DallasDon's inquiry!

Never claimed to be friendly. If your looking for someone to sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya with you.I'm not the guy.

#25 ·
Not with you!

weljo2001 wrote
"Never claimed to be friendly. If your looking for someone to sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya with you.I'm not the guy."

I probably wouldn't like your singing either!!!:sorry:
I would prefer a lady instead of you!:thanx: But you probably could tend the campfire!:exactly:

#27 · (Edited)
Highway pegs available for order

Ok, here they are for those of you interested. They will start shipping on or about 1 June 2011 and will cost $65.00 shipped anywhere in the Lower 48 States. This is for the left and right mount and does not include any pegs. There are too many choices and too many individual taste to try and cover them so order what you want.

You can order here: http://versyscenterstand.com/highwaypegs.html

El cheapo foot pegs start here if you are looking.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...2&sblid_name=BikeMaster_Buddy_Footpegs_____mm

#29 ·
There is no additional hardware to buy. The mounts come with longer replacment bolts for the engine mount.

The peg hole is 12mm which is the standard for most male post on pegs. It can always be drilled out if needed.

#30 ·
I am interested in your product. I have a couple questions.

Are they powder coated or painted?

Also, I have a 30" inseam and you said you have a 29" inseam and you can barely reach them. I am concerned that I wont be comfortable using them. Any chance you can make two models with recommended inseam lengths? Stretching to reach a highway peg is the opposite of comfortable.

I think it is really neat that you are making some products for the Versys.

BTW, $55 shipped seams reasonable. I would however like to find some pegs that are all black or have a matte finish with the rubber inserts. Fold up preferred as well.

#32 ·
#31 · (Edited)
I don't think you will have any problems reaching the pegs, and the mounts are powder coated, not painted. I ride close to the tank anyway and it's a reasonable reach. As far as making two models goes it just adds to the cost and I'm trying really hard to keep it down.

As far as different pegs go, well that's why I did it this way to let the individual find his own. It seems most folks prefer that.

#36 ·
Love the brackets and even the pegs! I'm still planning to visit your shop for an install of the centerstand too. I'll send you an email to work out a time for that.

I'm closely watching the photo tag threads on ADVRider. When two or three align on my trip to Texas I'll hit the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.