Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - farkel update and questions for help...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
rickescazu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to rickescazu
Exclamation farkel update and questions for help...

HI all here are some recent pics of the status of her journey getting ready for that ride down to Panama and Colombia, albeit from Costa Rica...

now have my Givi rack on (top only), ready to decide on E50, 52 or 55.
KTM guards, Evo rad guard, flat foot, new vibration free cheap mirrors and extenders, CF rear hugger, 2 Bros slip on Vale exhaust...

left to install are:

44T rear sprocket, HID kit for low beam (but now i am thinking about a KT kit with angel eyes using a Bi Xenon projector (like my audi quattro), grip puppies, throttle rocker, LED turn signals or LED bulbs for existing, soft side bags, and lastly SS brake lines F/R and new pads got of this forum.

Dilema is the seat want Gel but don't want to spend a fortune on Kawa gel seat as its 65% more here then US, so thinking to look for shop her to redo existing with new cover and gel inserts better foam.

First question is the exhaust is very loud and kind of annoying at low rpms (idle to 3K, i see many other taking about baffles but mine did not come with any got it at pipe city. it is just a straight thru unit and quit loud. ideas??

Next help on deciding about LED new turn signals from EBAY or D2 Moto or just SMD bulbs, and confirm anyone that tried either. seems all the aftermarket ones are smaller then stock.

Seems the group is spilt on conversion to HID using bulbs only and existing housing. some like other no? why? due to old stye High beam? I was thinking to use the large KT kit with 3" projector bi xenon in the low beam position and using an LED multi seg bulb in High location as second running light. thoughts?

thanks to every one here for the great input and ideas to improve a great moto.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000193.jpg (181.1 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg P1000195.jpg (241.0 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg P1000197.jpg (228.4 KB, 192 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome