Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Duals on my Versys
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM
RockyMoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua View Post
I always wonder why would anyone do anything to make a vehicle louder. The only loud engine sound I have ever liked is the sound of a 12 cilinder ferrari and it was not that loud at all.
Perhaps it is because most people associate "loud" engines with race/high-performance engines? Some people also think it makes them safer: "Loud pipes save lives." To say one did it for "performance gains" doesn't make sense to me.

After listening to everything I could (I think ALL on the market) on Youtube, I am sticking with my OEM "can." I think the V sounds kinda "sleeper-hot-rod-ish" as it comes from the factory. Inline twins. in general, don't sound good to me "unplugged," whereas all inline 4's do. The unplugged American V-twins (you know who you are) are just obnoxious in my eyes. Besides, I leave early every morning for work and I don't want to piss off (create animosity with) the neighborhood.

Having said all that, I think your design looks cool and I admire your ingenuity. You certainly have created "your own" V. From what I see, I don't think you will have any problems with the chain either.

Oh yeah, I am not sure, but I think that is how you do it for sound: upload your video (I am assuming it is a video) to Youtube and then post the link. FWIW

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome