Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Add-ons
Thread: Add-ons
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 10:50 AM
twowheels

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
* Best centre stand? (I've read about SW-motech)
SW-Motech, anything they make is top quality

* Best TPMS? (I've used Doran with great success)
I use ($3) 90 degree valve stems for easy access around front brake rotor and rear chain. With this I use a $30 12v portable air pump with an electronic gauge that plugs into outlet on bike to fill and check tires once a week. IMO checking tire pressure on a bike is so easy I see no reason for a remote electronic tire pressure system that costs money.

* Best heated hand grips? (I've read about Oxford)
Hard to beat Oxford for price performance. Note they make different styles, you want adv. style to best fit bike. Kawasaki brand have gotten mixed reviews in bike magazines.

I would also consider a phone holder setup like the RAM Mount so you can use GPS, etc. Note RAM has many different styles of handle bar and other bike mounts. Probably 7 or 8 in total. Check them all out before deciding on what works best for you.

Tank bag, particularly a tank ring bag mount bag like those made by Givi and SW Motech is very handy to carry frequently accessed stuff like a spare visor, or pick up a coffee and hold it securely on the way into work. I use Givi 3D 603 but there are a few other models that will fit your bike. Check out Twisted Throttle fitment page although they only carry SW-Motech and not Givi.

Tip over protection in form of engine bars or sliders can save money and grief.

Last edited by twowheels; 10-30-2017 at 10:58 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome