Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nivek
  • 1 Post By twowheels
  • 1 Post By dadsafrantic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Which Ram Mount - Torque Rail Base - Medium?

Looking for a little help from anyone who has used this Ram Mount.

I have a 2015 Versys 1000 and I would like to get the Ram Mount Torque Rail Base (RAM-B-408-75-1U) to put in the middle of my handle bars between the risers in front of the tank to hold my phone.

I have read in a different thread (regarding the ram mounts) the my handle bars are 3/4 inch.

What seems odd to me - is that the ends are skinnier than the middle.

So... My question is which size Ram Mount do I need so it will wrap around the middle section?

They have: 1" which covers from .75 - 1.0 inch OR 1 1/2" which covers 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I have a couple of ram mounts on my 2016 V-1000. I replaced one of the bar risers bolt for these.....https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Motorcy...078161&sr=8-31 On the handle bars for my cup holder i have one of these...https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Zinc-Coat...2078358&sr=8-5

P1010716 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010715 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you sir! I will check out the bar riser mount!! I appreciate the pics!!
weljo2001 likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I use this model to mount it to the stem. You will want to use a long ball to ball extension with it. It has the advantage of keeping the phone out of wind buffeting and wind blast. As previously posted there are many mounting options with RAM and it will ultimately come down to personal preference. I would however recommend avoiding the cheaper off-brand copies of the RAM mount X-Grip after trying them as they do not work as well as the real thing and are of a much cheaper quality.

RAM Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp Base with M8 Bolts

I bought this mount for the car and then the extra ball mount for the bike so I could use it on both. The rubber tie down that comes with it is not necessary in the car but keeps the phone locked in the X-Grip on any kind of terrain on the bike. Do glue the rubber end caps to the X-Grip as they may come loose otherwise. They sell extra end caps if you do loose one.

Nivek likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-20-2020 at 08:39 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Excellent! Thanks!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
i've had both mounts like weljo. both work well. never an issue for me. now i have the sw-m gps mount above the clocks. it has the threaded holes in which i have added 2 tough-ball ram balls. i don;t remeber is they are m6 or m8. very sturdy. https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-379U-M616
Nivek likes this.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
i've had both mounts like weljo. both work well. never an issue for me. now i have the sw-m gps mount above the clocks. it has the threaded holes in which i have added 2 tough-ball ram balls. i don't remember is they are m6 or m8. very sturdy. https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-379U-M616

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

Last edited by dadsafrantic; 02-22-2020 at 06:23 PM. Reason: fat finger typing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode