Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Terry's Custom Flat Seat Arrived Today

18K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  weld86 
#1 ·
Terry's Custom Seats Web-Site......https://www.terryscustomseats.com

Seat came in this morning so went to run errands and get lunch. The seat looks and feels fantastic. Went with the V-Pattern and really like it. I'm a bigger guy so the wings are out an inch more on each side than normal. Video First impressions........

Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr

See less See more
1 6
#9 · (Edited)
#12 ·
Just a big gut guy with fat fingers trying to type...>:)>:)>:)>:)

#13 · (Edited)
Joe - I've heard good things about Terry Adcox Custom Seats. Your post reminds me I should do something about the Versys seat. I'm spoiled with my Gold Wing's "bucket" seat. When I compare the Wing seat to the Versys seat.....well, there is no comparison. I have sat comfortably on my Wing seat (with a pad) all day, day after day, on long trips. No way I could do that on the Versys. I assume the Versys seat, being on an "Adventure" bike, is designed more for adventure riding and less for comfortable distance riding.

I bought the Versys for shorter, "fun" trips. I keep the Gold Wing for longer rides. But if I can make the Versys seating more comfortable, I'm all for that. Had been thinking about a simple pad of some sort. But your post is pretty compelling to look seriously at Terry's Seats.

Thanks for your post!

(BTW, in 2013 for your V650, you posted about the Terry Adcox seat "Great for the daily commute and on long rides can stretch out. If i were doing mostly long distance riding then i would go with a Russell Day Long". I am not doing mostly long distance riding on the Versys, but do you still feel that way? https://www.other.com/forums/162-general-discussions-v-650/19946-review-terry-adcock-seat.html )

#14 ·
The seat Terry made for the V-1000 is much more comfortable than the one for the 650 was. It seems to have more padding on the new one. The seat for the 650 was comfortable but the seat he made this time is so much better. Probably due to being a larger seat pan to begin with.

#19 ·
Went out for a ride today and to run some errands. Put a little over 200 miles on today and the seat felt fantastic. No aches and pains with the knees and hip. Most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time.....

#24 ·
Ordered the Terry Adcox flat style bucket seat today. Also ordered a backrest from Utopia, which they will deliver to Terry for him to install. Won't actually get everything till January. So I'm already looking forward to the 2019 riding season!!!

#21 ·
#28 ·
Looks comfy, but having trouble getting past the oversize look of the seat from the side of the bike. It looks disproportionately large compared to the size of the bike.

The build quality looks great though!

#31 ·
Terry's Custom Seats Web-Site......https://www.terryscustomseats.com

Seat came in this morning so went to run errands and get lunch. The seat looks and feels fantastic. Went with the V-Pattern and really like it. I'm a bigger guy so the wings are out an inch more on each side than normal. Video First impressions........https://youtu.be/Bc3RmAKzAEQ

Love mine. Made a big difference from the stock seat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Terry Adcox Seat and Utopia Backrest

Received my Terry Adcox modified flat bucket seat. With Utopia backrest. Too cold to ride, but just sitting in the garage I could already feel that the seat was not causing me to slide forward. And the backrest feels great. So far so good!!

Attachments

#33 ·
Received my Terry Adcox modified flat bucket seat. With Utopia backrest. Too cold to ride, but just sitting in the garage I could already feel that the seat was not causing me to slide forward. And the backrest feels great. So far so good!!
How much pullback did you add to the bars so you are reclining against that backrest?

I leaned forward on my Versys.

#37 · (Edited)
I requested to be put on Terry's waiting list for a Full Single Bucket seat with +1" height, (I feel cramped on the bike). I'm getting it for my long rides.

Build ETA is end of April 2020.

I have the front 3D print seat riser block for the stock seat. I can barely handle my 1 hour daily commute with the stock seat. I start fidgeting sometimes, when I get close to my exit.

I had a Corbin seat for my power cruiser and went coast to coast and back, about 7,000 miles in 10 days without the monkey butt.

So, I ordered a Sargent Seat today for now. Should get it in a week.

#38 ·
Been debating on trading the V-1000 in on a shorter bike. My biggest problem is getting on and off the bike with my bad knees and hip. So today i decided to put the stock seat back on and wow it reminded me real quick how much better the Terry Adcock seat is. The stock is for sure lower in the seat area so i felt more planted when having to stop the bike but man did my knees and hips feel cramped as hell. So i think I'll be out bike shopping soon....

#47 ·
Sold it just before i sold the bike. That would be 3 years ago next month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.