Terry's Custom Flat Seat Arrived Today - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackImpact View Post
What are those little bags on the back hanging off the bars?

Don't care for the hard saddle bags that came with the bike. But wanted something smaller for storage so got 2 of these......https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...94S773QAXPWQ2J

Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Don't care for the hard saddle bags that came with the bike. But wanted something smaller for storage so got 2 of these......https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...94S773QAXPWQ2J

You arent afraid someone will steal them?
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackImpact View Post
You arent afraid someone will steal them?

Nope, Just keep some tools, zip ties and electrical charging cords. Nothing major or expensive in them. I just use a few zip-ties on each strap to keep it more secure on the hand rails....I also leave my GPS on the bike when i not on the bike and have for almost 9 years without an issue so far....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Went out for a ride today and to run some errands. Put a little over 200 miles on today and the seat felt fantastic. No aches and pains with the knees and hip. Most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time.....
Ordered the Terry Adcox flat style bucket seat today. Also ordered a backrest from Utopia, which they will deliver to Terry for him to install. Won't actually get everything till January. So I'm already looking forward to the 2019 riding season!!!
weljo2001 likes this.

Paul
2012 Kawasaki Versys 1000
2012 Honda Gold Wing 1800
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Went out for a ride today and to run some errands. Put a little over 200 miles on today and the seat felt fantastic. No aches and pains with the knees and hip. Most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time.....
Don't you miss the tiny back rest from the OEM seat? I actually use that to rest my lower back from time to time while riding. I know with the flat you could seat a little back and straighten your legs a bit more.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddyBuddy View Post
Ordered the Terry Adcox flat style bucket seat today. Also ordered a backrest from Utopia, which they will deliver to Terry for him to install. Won't actually get everything till January. So I'm already looking forward to the 2019 riding season!!!

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Chicago View Post
Don't you miss the tiny back rest from the OEM seat? I actually use that to rest my lower back from time to time while riding. I know with the flat you could seat a little back and straighten your legs a bit more.

Nope hated that stupid hump. I wind up sitting on it and it bothers the crap out of me....
Jay_Chicago likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Garage
Looks comfy, but having trouble getting past the oversize look of the seat from the side of the bike. It looks disproportionately large compared to the size of the bike.

The build quality looks great though!

2016 Kawasaki Green Versys 1000
2013 Kawasaki Concours 1400
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400 (sold)
2008 Suzuki M109R (gone- speed related
)
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmonster View Post
Looks comfy, but having trouble getting past the oversize look of the seat from the side of the bike. It looks disproportionately large compared to the size of the bike.

The build quality looks great though!
It is a seat for riders, not coffee shop hoppers. Function over form if you are going the distance.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
It is a seat for riders, not coffee shop hoppers. Function over form if you are going the distance.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Terry's Custom Seats Web-Site......https://www.terryscustomseats.com

Seat came in this morning so went to run errands and get lunch. The seat looks and feels fantastic. Went with the V-Pattern and really like it. I'm a bigger guy so the wings are out an inch more on each side than normal. Video First impressions........https://youtu.be/Bc3RmAKzAEQ

Love mine. Made a big difference from the stock seat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
weljo2001 likes this.
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Garage
Terry Adcox Seat and Utopia Backrest

Received my Terry Adcox modified flat bucket seat. With Utopia backrest. Too cold to ride, but just sitting in the garage I could already feel that the seat was not causing me to slide forward. And the backrest feels great. So far so good!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190210_140416.jpg (34.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20190210_140400.jpg (23.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20190210_140305.jpg (39.2 KB, 19 views)
weljo2001 and Buffalo_Bob like this.

Paul
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddyBuddy View Post
Received my Terry Adcox modified flat bucket seat. With Utopia backrest. Too cold to ride, but just sitting in the garage I could already feel that the seat was not causing me to slide forward. And the backrest feels great. So far so good!!
How much pullback did you add to the bars so you are reclining against that backrest?

I leaned forward on my Versys.

My Versys Travels:

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 08:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
How much pullback did you add to the bars so you are reclining against that backrest?
Not sure what you mean by adding pullback to the bars. I didn't change the bars at all. I found that when I sat on the seat I was leaning forward, rather than sitting up straight. I get it if that's the posture for a adventure rider. But, while I'm riding an adventure biker, I'm not really an adventure rider. I'd prefer to sit up straight like on any other bike, and not feel like I'm going to slide forward.

The backrest is adjustable, so it can be set to nudge right up to your back. I've adjusted my Gold Wing Utopia backrest in the past for that reason. This one feels just right, although I've not ridden the bike yet. Just sat on it in the garage.

I was happy in my garage, although the real test will be several hours in the saddle. Which unfortunately probably won't happen for another month or so.
quexpress likes this.

Paul
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 09:19 PM

Garage
I am curious that when you are sitting on the seat against the backrest can you easily grab the grips without curving forward.

Some people add risers or change bars to get them closer to you. That is what the pullback measure of a bar does. You have height, width, and pullback.

My Versys Travels:

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 10:57 PM

Your new seat reminds me of a couple of bikes that I had Seth Laam make seats for.

Just like yours the new seat made a world of difference.

Turned an ass burner into an all day rocket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1952.jpg (60.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1955.jpg (75.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0473.jpg (38.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0477.jpg (41.1 KB, 10 views)

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode