CB? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
CB?

I ride with Gold Wingers, many of whom have CB's on their bikes. Does anybody have a CB installed on their Versys 1000? If so, what kind? Where did you put it?

Paul
2012 Kawasaki Versys 1000
2012 Honda Gold Wing 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 10:23 AM

Garage
I used to use CB a lot when I was younger. It's really a terrible technology for communicating. The newer bluetooth intercoms are so much better. I used to use a PTT radio (an FRS, which will work better than CB) but will never go back after using a Sena bluetooth. Sena is doing some awesome stuff with their mobile app that lets you seamlessly connect using your data plan if you are out of bluetooth range. I love not having to deal with wires hanging from my helmet.

Sorry I know this is not exactly what you asked about but wanted to throw my 2 cents in. :-)

If all your buddies use CB then that's pretty much what you have to do. If it were me I'd probably get an HT and put it in my tank bag (I already have 12v power going into my tank bag). Figure out how to keep the antenna vertical, and then get a helmet headset that is compatible with the mic/speaker jacks on the HT. This is what I did when I used to use an FRS radio. My helmet headset was only around $30, and it came with a PTT switch that I mounted by my handlebar.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 11:22 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
sometimes i use ham and i just have a hand held in my bag or jacket pocket with "fbi head set" (ear bug and lapel mic with a transmit button you can run down your jacket sleeve

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode