Oxford Heated Grips - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Oxford Heated Grips

I've just picked up a 2012 Versys 1000. Loving the Versys so far! A few have recommended Oxford Heated grips. Two questions. One, which Oxford Grips have people chosen? There appears to be three choices, of which only two probably make sense. Heated Grips / Hot Hands - Oxford Products USA Inc.

Heaterz Premium Adventure - Heated Grips
They will fit onto most motorcycles that use 7/8" (22mm) Ř handlebars. Each grip has an open end to allow the bar end weight to be refitted without the need to trim the grip. The standard length of the Premium Adventure Heaterz grip is 5.19" (132mm). Should the length need to be shortened, they can be trimmed to a minimum length of 4.80"

Heaterz Premium Touring - Heated Grips
They will fit onto most motorcycles that use 7/8" (22mm) Ř handlebars. Each grip has an open end to allow the bar end weight to be refitted without the need to trim the grip. The standard length of the Premium Touring Heaterz grip is 4.72"" (120mm). Should the length need to be shortened, they can be trimmed to a minimum length of 4.37"

Second question - where are people placing the control unit?

TIA.

Paul

Paul
2012 Kawasaki Versys 1000
2012 Honda Gold Wing 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
2015 650 abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddyBuddy View Post
I've just picked up a 2012 Versys 1000. Loving the Versys so far! A few have recommended Oxford Heated grips. Two questions. One, which Oxford Grips have people chosen? There appears to be three choices, of which only two probably make sense. Heated Grips / Hot Hands - Oxford Products USA Inc.

Heaterz Premium Adventure - Heated Grips
They will fit onto most motorcycles that use 7/8" (22mm) Ř handlebars. Each grip has an open end to allow the bar end weight to be refitted without the need to trim the grip. The standard length of the Premium Adventure Heaterz grip is 5.19" (132mm). Should the length need to be shortened, they can be trimmed to a minimum length of 4.80"

Heaterz Premium Touring - Heated Grips
They will fit onto most motorcycles that use 7/8" (22mm) Ř handlebars. Each grip has an open end to allow the bar end weight to be refitted without the need to trim the grip. The standard length of the Premium Touring Heaterz grip is 4.72"" (120mm). Should the length need to be shortened, they can be trimmed to a minimum length of 4.37"

Second question - where are people placing the control unit?

TIA.

Paul
Heaterz Premium Adventure - Heated Grips That is what I have and as to the controller, looks like I need to take more photos.

Not the best of pictures but I installed the mirror extenders because my Oxford controller was slamming into my tank bag, plus I needed more real estate for my Garmin

Last edited by onewizard; 10-30-2017 at 01:04 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
When I bought mine, for prior bike, it came with a mounting adaptor that attached to the two bolts on the left handlebar controls. I believe this is still sold but as an option now. What is left hand toggle switch for?

Last edited by twowheels; 10-30-2017 at 03:54 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
When I bought mine, for prior bike, it came with a mounting adaptor that attached to the two bolts on the left handlebar controls. I believe this is still sold but as an option now. What is left hand toggle switch for?
Yes the adapter uses four screws in the back of the controls. The switch is high beam of my Denali set up, this is the original single pole waterproof switch supplied with the D2 Denali , I removed two pins and swapped connections, so low is on when I key on the bike, I have my Osram 65 watt in the high beam so I prefer running the Denali on high and switching the OEM high beam on when I don't have opposing traffic . My over 6 hour ride in the dark, never had 1 car flash their lights with the Denali on high beam. That is a whole different story with the Osram on, much of that night ride I used the passing switch , as my focus was looking for moose and other nocturnal animals, several times it was several seconds facing headlights, just a simple release of the passing switch.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ghlight=denali
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Heaterz Premium Adventure - Heated Grips That is what I have and as to the controller, looks like I need to take more photos.

Not the best of pictures but I installed the mirror extenders because my Oxford controller was slamming into my tank bag, plus I needed more real estate for my Garmin

For the Heaterz Premium Adventure - Heated Grips, did you have to trim the grips? It seems like the Touring ones a closer to the width of the stock grips.

2016 Versys 650 ABS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
...What is left hand toggle switch for?
That is the "flash-to-pass" switch. HIGH beam ON when it's pulled in.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode