• 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
KTM Folding Mirrors

I bought some rotating mirrors off of ebay awhile back. To make it easier lane splitting. Really liked them but they tend to move on you at higher speeds and hitting rough roads. Got a second pair in this week from eBay similiar but they tighten at a different spot and hold solid. The view in the second set is not near as good and vibrate way too much. So just ordered these.....https://moto-science.com/collections...rch-6804p-pair

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 01-23-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered the mirrors Friday night got them early Monday morning. Just put them on. I think they look good on the bike and the field of view is awesome with no vibrations. Tons of adjustment and the rotate up and down to move out of the way if needed when lane splitting..

P1020085 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020086 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020087 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020088 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020089 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020090 by weljo2001, on Flickr
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-21-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added photo
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
First time out with the new mirrors...They are fantastic...:yeah smile:

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So they easily spin on that rotating spot? I need new mirrors because mine don't work well with the cover i use.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Went To The Site/ Another Video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
First time out with the new mirrors...They are fantastic...:yeah smile:

]
I went to that site, $100, however what caught my attention was the Convex optical quality glass. Basically eliminating blind spots, like yourself even though lane splitting isn't allowed in Ontario, many car drivers think they are on a racetrack once traffic gets heavy, several times I have had these ( BMW driver) cut across 3 lanes and pass , then cut back in, some really close calls, if you are directly beside me but back 3 feet I can't see you, as I have my mirrors set to try and cover 2 lanes.

So what I am asking is if you could post a second video showing adjustments and the swivel action, also read this swivel action can be locked down if you don't want it. I see you have Speedy mirror extenders, I held off for a year then needed more real-estate as my heated grips controller hit my tank bag a full lock, so the extenders made a huge difference. We have a KTM dealer in the city I live in, not necessarily the best price but available.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
So they easily spin on that rotating spot? I need new mirrors because mine don't work well with the cover i use.

I have the adapter going into my motowerk mirror extender and it has a nut to tighten it down. The adapter has a ratcheting action that you can make as loose or as tight as you want to move the mirrors or lock them down. I have mine where they take a little effort to move them but they keep the position you put them in. If your sitting on the bike the way i have mine mounted you can move the mirrors from how you see them in the photos to where they are pointed at each other toward the center of the bike. It's raining right now but i will make a video later showing what i mean.
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I went to that site, $100, however what caught my attention was the Convex optical quality glass. Basically eliminating blind spots, like yourself even though lane splitting isn't allowed in Ontario, many car drivers think they are on a racetrack once traffic gets heavy, several times I have had these ( BMW driver) cut across 3 lanes and pass , then cut back in, some really close calls, if you are directly beside me but back 3 feet I can't see you, as I have my mirrors set to try and cover 2 lanes.

So what I am asking is if you could post a second video showing adjustments and the swivel action, also read this swivel action can be locked down if you don't want it. I see you have Speedy mirror extenders, I held off for a year then needed more real-estate as my heated grips controller hit my tank bag a full lock, so the extenders made a huge difference. We have a KTM dealer in the city I live in, not necessarily the best price but available.

When i bought the Z-1000 mirrors for my V-650 they were over 50.00 a piece so i okay with the price. I have the stock mirrors and 2 other sets of mirrors i tried and wish i would have seen these sooner. I'll make a video today once it stops raining..
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hope this answers the questions about the mirrors....
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode