Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - 2015-17 windscreen mod
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
bluesman77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's been a while, but I was able to test out the stock windshield w/ the top stop above the bracket - a good 1 1/2" higher than the highest stock position. It's been extremely windy here in NE OH & making it hard to evaluate properly, but there is a definite noise reduction. The 1st time I tried it at the lowest setting w/ the modification & noticed my face shield was pretty buggy when I got back. The next time I raised it as high as it could go, again w/ the modification which raised the screen another inch or so. Also very windy, but things seemed a little bit quieter & when I got back noticed bugs on my helmet from the top of my face, but none on the shield itself. It's forecast to be 84 here today, so I'll get a chance to evaluate warm weather riding w/ the mod. The increased gap at the bottom of the screen doesn't seem to be a problem, though I really don't care for the "look".

...I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days...and nights for that matter...and it is one of my finest addictions...
--- Hunter S. Thompson 1995 ---

2017 Triumph Street Scrambler, 2012 Triumph Thruxton, 2003 Ducati M800Sie, 2001 BMW R1100R-L, 1999 Kawasaki KLR650, 1996 Harley XLH Sportster S, 1972 Yamaha XS-2

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome