Warning, motowerks peg lowing does NOT work on 2019 versys 1000 se lt+ - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 9Likes
  • 1 Post By THX1138
  • 2 Post By turn8a
  • 1 Post By THX1138
  • 1 Post By THX1138
  • 1 Post By THX1138
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Warning, motowerks peg lowing does NOT work on 2019 versys 1000 se lt+

despite their claim that it fits, it does NOT fit the 2019. The left side pushes against the shifter lever. See attached pics to show where and how the peg lowering bracket contacts the shifter lever. Note my bike is a week old, so the shifter lever is where it is supposed to be.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf motowerk 3.pdf (798.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: pdf motowerk 2.pdf (733.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf motowerk 1.pdf (589.0 KB, 17 views)
funflyingguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 11:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1138 View Post
despite their claim that it fits, it does NOT fit the 2019. The left side pushes against the shifter lever. See attached pics to show where and how the peg lowering bracket contacts the shifter lever. Note my bike is a week old, so the shifter lever is where it is supposed to be.
Yes unfortunately I've seen a lot of parts on different sites that are stated to fit the 2019 SE but don't. It's usually a dead giveaway when they state it's for 2018 and up. Thanks for the heads up, I was actually thinking of these.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 06:35 AM

They have excellent customer service .I am sure they will try and make it right. Keep everyone posted .
jaaklucas and funflyingguy like this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlars View Post
Yes unfortunately I've seen a lot of parts on different sites that are stated to fit the 2019 SE but don't. It's usually a dead giveaway when they state it's for 2018 and up. Thanks for the heads up, I was actually thinking of these.
On the part order page, the page my google search lead me to, you have a pulldown menu and pick 2015-1019 versys 1000 and the page says it works, and has a nice description of the part and how it works and how to install it.

So I ordered it as the page said it fits my bike.

Moto Werks replied that on the entirely different part description page it says it doesn't work.

I suggested that maybe it was a good idea to say this on the ORDER page, you know, the page people actually are reading when they buy the product.

They are allowing a return, if I send it back in 9 days, but making me pay return postage, and I'm not sure they will refund my shipping.

So not really happy with them at this point, and unlikely to every order from them again, or recommend them.
funflyingguy likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Aren't the '19 V1000 and the '19 V1000SE two TOTALLY different bikes?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Speedy

Quote:
On the part order page, the page my google search lead me to, you have a pulldown menu and pick 2015-1019 versys 1000 and the page says it works, and has a nice description of the part and how it works and how to install it.

So I ordered it as the page said it fits my bike.

Moto Werks replied that on the entirely different part description page it says it doesn't work.

I suggested that maybe it was a good idea to say this on the ORDER page, you know, the page people actually are reading when they buy the product.

They are allowing a return, if I send it back in 9 days, but making me pay return postage, and I'm not sure they will refund my shipping.

So not really happy with them at this point, and unlikely to every order from them again, or recommend them.
@Speedy Gonzalez

First we are all human. Many of us on this forum have used his services, going back to 2008, if not for his lowering link, I doubt I would be on this forum. Secondly, I would not be all surprised to see Speedy bring out ones that do fit. Consider the engineering that goes into this, then make the product and hope people buy it, but wait, there are copycats out there on lowering links, mirror extenders etc. Let me tell you you will never find a similar product anywhere in the world that exceeds the workmanship and quality of his products.

So I am saying that your comments are very negative , you haven't given them a chance, and in fact it appears a partial oversight , however a simple email would have saved you this situation. Yes I read the order form was wrong. I bet it has been changed. Before we go any further, why not wait and see if another solution can be found. One I would look at is if I paid the return shipping , got a full refund so I am out the return shipping cost*** but would be one of the first to get the new 2019 lowering pegs at a discounted ( minus shipping?? ) once they come out. It would be a win win.

I might add I am a bit prejudiced, as I have mirror extenders, passenger and rider lowering pegs, lowering link, brake extender, highway pegs,and they are all superior to anything else out there.

Expect other members to chime in here, private email would be much better, but since you started it, let's see what happens.
Just a thought.

Last edited by onewizard; 12-22-2019 at 03:34 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
yes and no. the 2019 versys comes in two forms, SE and SE LT+. ONLY the SE LT+ is sold in the usa. there is no "2019 versys 1000"

so if a part says it 'fits 2019 versys 1000' the clear and logical implication is that if fits all models of 2019 versys 1000. If it didn't fit one of the models, you would expect them to say so, kinda like they do now.

so it is like a part saying it fits 2005 harley soft tails, that implies that it fills all 2005 soft tails.

and someone with a 2005 softail springer buys it and it doesn't fit, being told, yea we say that somewhere else, doesn't sit well.
funflyingguy likes this.

Last edited by THX1138; 12-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
@Speedy Gonzalez

First we are all human. Many of us on this forum have used his services, going back to 2008, if not for his lowering link, I doubt I would be on this forum. Secondly, I would not be all surprised to see Speedy bring out ones that do fit. Consider the engineering that goes into this, then make the product and hope people buy it, but wait, there are copycats out there on lowering links, mirror extenders etc. Let me tell you you will never find a similar product anywhere in the world that exceeds the workmanship and quality of his products.
So I am saying that your comments are very negative , you haven't given them a chance, and in fact it appears a partial oversight , however a simple email would have saved you this situation. Yes I read the order form was wrong. I bet it has been changed. Before we go any further, why not wait and see if another solution can be found. One I would look at is if I paid the return shipping , got a full refund so I am out the return shipping cost*** but would be one of the first to get the new 2019 lowering pegs at a discounted ( minus shipping?? ) once they come out. It would be a win win.
I might add I am a bit prejudiced, as I have mirror extenders, passenger and rider lowering pegs, lowering link, brake extender, highway pegs,and they are all superior to anything else out there.
Expect other members to chime in here.
Just a thought.
I did email them.

I was very polite,

I sent pictures and explained that they parts didn't fit.

I asked for a prepaid shipping label so I could return them for a refund.

Their response was short and curt, they said that they NEVER said it would fit, (so I'm the idiot here) but would allow me to return, only if I paid the return postage, and only if I packed them up super good and only if I got them to them within 9 days. (it was not a fun trip to the post office with the Christman rush But I had to get the package there within 9 days, and I'm headed out of town soon, so I did it that day and paid for express shipping)

I take exception to the "NEVER said it would fit" as it does say so on the order page, and apparently they agree as they have changed their order page to now say that it doesn't it.

I would not have bothered posting if they had said, OK, sorry for the confusion, we will make it clearer, and here is a label, please ship the parts back. THAT would have been excellent customer service.

Instead they haven't even replied to my email pointing out the issue with the order page. (other than change the order page as I suggested.)

I get that you like them, because the parts you have ordered have actually fit as they indicated the would. Must be nice.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf order page motowerks.pdf (295.8 KB, 2 views)
funflyingguy likes this.

Last edited by THX1138; 12-22-2019 at 04:18 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Honesty / Thanks For The Reply

Quote:
I did email them.

I was very polite,

I sent pictures and explained that they parts didn't fit.

I asked for a prepaid shipping label so I could return them for a refund.

Their response was short and curt, they said that they NEVER said it would fit, (so I'm the idiot here) but would allow me to return, only if I paid the return postage, and only if I packed them up super good and only if I got them to them within 9 days. (it was not a fun trip to the post office with the Christman rush But I had to get the package there within 9 days, and I'm headed out of town soon, so I did it that day and paid for express shipping)

I take exception to the "NEVER said it would fit" as it does say so on the order page, and apparently they agree as they have changed their order page to now say that it doesn't it.

I would not have bothered posting if they had said, OK, sorry for the confusion, we will make it clearer, and here is a label, please ship the parts back. THAT would have been excellent customer service.

Instead they haven't even replied to my email pointing out the issue with the order page. (other than change the order page as I suggested.)

I get that you like them, because the parts you have ordered have actually fit as they indicated the would. Must be nice.
Thank you for your honesty, FYI I have both mentioned Speedy and emailed him a link. I somehow doubt this was his decision, a bit of background. All kinds of scammers out there, no one forces Speedy to make parts for motorcycles, he just does it, everything I said I stand behind. Yes I had my flatfoot which I failed to mention fail on me, I made a new one and used the upper CNC machined part to fix my Flatfoot, also forgot the kickstand lowering from him. His response to my flatfoot failing was not what I expected, however I have had things happen that no other person has, so I will leave that as is. He needs to send all his products the expensive confirmed shipping method because of scammers, not explaining further, but maybe he is scratching his head and asking himself why he bothers to make this stuff, he is extremely talented .
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Update: This is interesting
My order was 74.15 and I spent $8.00 to ship the part back, so I'm out 82.15

and they only refunded $58.05?

what?

Order summary

Lowering Foot Peg Blocks for Kawasaki 1
$51.50
Lowering Footpegs Brake Lever Nut 1
$13.00
Subtotal
$64.50
Shipping
$9.65
Total
$74.15 USD
Mastercard (ending in xxxx)
$74.15
Refund
Shopify_payments
- $58.05

Last edited by THX1138; 12-30-2019 at 08:00 PM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

I too am disappointed. I sent a PM to Speedy and expected a reply. This forum isn't necessarily the proper place to bring up $$ matters or disagreements, however it isn't appropriate to fault one transaction as something to expect on a regular basis . Right now we are hearing only your side of the story. Personally I would be taking the initiative to call them and mention you have a posting on this forum, provided you haven't left important details out, I would expect a response on this forum clarifying this transaction by Speedy himself.
jaaklucas likes this.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

The model he has has a quick shifter so it takes up more space in that area. I would think if someone took the time a simple adjustment or a little filing should do the trick....
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
From the post you made on another forum. Seems 2 other members with your model have no issue with it. Seems the common denominator is you......

Re: Warning, Motowerks lowering pegs do NOT work on 2019 versys 1000 s
Reply #19 on: December 26, 2019, 08:15:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
As I've said mine touches the gear lever but in 3,300 miles it hasn't been a problem.

I just checked mine as this got me curious.. Same, it touches but never has been an issue. No marks or gouges on the shift lever arm either.
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Today, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
From the post you made on another forum. Seems 2 other members with your model have no issue with it. Seems the common denominator is you......

Re: Warning, Motowerks lowering pegs do NOT work on 2019 versys 1000 s
Reply #19 on: December 26, 2019, 08:15:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
As I've said mine touches the gear lever but in 3,300 miles it hasn't been a problem.

I just checked mine as this got me curious.. Same, it touches but never has been an issue. No marks or gouges on the shift lever arm either.
three problems with this conclusion.

1. Moto werks changed their web order page to say it doesn't fit the 2019 se lt +

2. There are two versys 1000 models for 2019, the se and the se lt+. Among the differences are that the se lt+ has a quick shifter.

3. the members you mentioned have either have the se model (where it mostly fits) and/or are not concerned about it hitting the shifter.

so good try deflecting blame from moto werks, but a swing and a miss.

Last edited by THX1138; Today at 01:22 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Today, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The model he has has a quick shifter so it takes up more space in that area. I would think if someone took the time a simple adjustment or a little filing should do the trick....
I thought about grinding enough room to fit. But who pays a premium for a part that you need to adjust?

If I'm going to have to modify a part to fit, I'll get something cheap from ebay for $15 and mod it to fit.

Last edited by onewizard; Today at 02:58 PM. Reason: It is obvious you aren't happy with MotoWerk, this isn't the place to continue attacking using one sided views.Expect a PM
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old Today, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Risers

Quote:
I thought about grinding enough room to fit. But who pays a premium for a part that you need to adjust?

If I'm going to have to modify a part to fit, I'll get something cheap from ebay for $15 and mod it to fit.

Like I said before, disappointed that no comment from Speedy, however you got your point across, this forum isn't a sounding board for MotoWerk , I started a new post for risers and edited this thread and closed it.Should I hear back from Speedy I will open it.

Last edited by onewizard; Today at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode